attn spirit pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LeaveAMess

I'm looking for information on what life is like working for Spirit. QOL, pay, upgrade times, is there pref bidding vs. constructed lines, etc. Do you enjoy working there? Thanks!

I'm looking for information on what life is like working for Spirit. QOL, pay, upgrade times, is there pref bidding vs. constructed lines, etc. Do you enjoy working there? Thanks!

Current QOL is only good if you like working at 2AM. Pay is slightly below average. Total compensation is well below average. Upgrade might be 18 months, but only if the business plan doesn't change ...........and it changes often. Constructed lines, but pref bidding might come if the company is willing to buy it from us at the right price.

I enjoy working with the FO's that I get paired with; I don't enjoy:
-underpaid therefore unmotivated agents.
-a "blame someone else culture" , especially in stations ops. ie, on time performance.
-inept (contract) ground handling
-unavailable maintenance at most stations (the pilots get to pull breakers and make write ups using their own cell phone while talking to MX control)
-30 minute turns including customs clearance
-management with NO people skills
-the minority of pilots who would rather help the company than help other pilots

I saw a Spirit bird in DTW the other day that had a new paint job, white with bright colors. Is this your new scheme or just a one bird deal? It is definately more fitting to the airlines name...i mean, how spirited does a grey airplane with grey squares make you really feel after all.;)

Lots of posts, lots of differences of opinion here. Do a thread search. You'll find find a good bit of information from the last few months regarding the questions you're asking.

For what it's worth, enigma had some great points. All of those considered, I don't find this to be too bad a place to work (for now--who knows what a different contract could bring, etc.). I'm also senior enough to fly at gentlemens' hours, though ;).

gator

I saw a Spirit bird in DTW the other day that had a new paint job, white with bright colors. Is this your new scheme or just a one bird deal? It is definately more fitting to the airlines name...i mean, how spirited does a grey airplane with grey squares make you really feel after all.;)

That is the new paint scheme..........more Tropical they say.........in a Jesse Jackson/Sweatin to the Oldies Richard guy kinda way :)

just ucrious how much is your crashpad ? I just got here for JB and it was hard to find a decent crashpad.
I am a Flight Attendant hoping MCO will open up next year since I live there!! thanks inadvance for any updates..

Not to hijack the thread but speaking of crashpads does anyone know of a cheap hotel near FLL with transportation to the airport?

Latest resources

Back