• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

attn spirit pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is a fact, they are indeed hiring low-time pilots how many, well only time will tell. But look at Riddles hompage under internships. This is how they are coming into the system albeit every airline has done this to some extent it seems they are doing it as a hiring resource. The DO is on one of their advisory boards so it would seem he gains favour with them by doing this or may be some sort of endentured servitude from the new hires.

Well, they aren't picking up 7yr regional captains. At least not this one. Resume has been on file for over a year, and nada.

Although, now that DTW is no more, I couldn't do it anyway.

Current QOL is only good if you like working at 2AM. Pay is slightly below average. Total compensation is well below average. Upgrade might be 18 months, but only if the business plan doesn't change ...........and it changes often. Constructed lines, but pref bidding might come if the company is willing to buy it from us at the right price.

I enjoy working with the FO's that I get paired with; I don't enjoy:
-underpaid therefore unmotivated agents.
-a "blame someone else culture" , especially in stations ops. ie, on time performance.
-inept (contract) ground handling
-unavailable maintenance at most stations (the pilots get to pull breakers and make write ups using their own cell phone while talking to MX control)
-30 minute turns including customs clearance
-management with NO people skills
-the minority of pilots who would rather help the company than help other pilots

Did you mean that most of your best flights arrive or depart at 2AM????

Latest resources

Back