Attn: All Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Originally posted by LJDRVR
The stand up for our rights approach advocated by the original poster will never realistically work for many reasons. Here's one: Even if we all woke up tomorrow with a backbone, none of us would take actions that could ultimately hurt all of our QOL, and potentially put 20% of us on the street.

OK, I'm stumped. What could we do that would put 20% of us on the street? (Does Delta employ 20% of the commercial pilots out there?) And how would this hurt our collective QOL if we did?

I am simply saying if you don't feel Mgmt is taking the licks with you, then they need to be stopped and a message needs to be sent. It's not complicated. But, as we know, (no offense here guys) it didn't happen at UAL and it didn't happen at NWA. It needs to happen. Cuts are inevitable, it's just a matter of whether or not we keep funding Mgmt's future at our expense.

I'm not even a chest thumping union type, I just get totally bent seeing other people taken advantage of. It's all principle.

Duke six not defending management leadership; except for a few airlines I will agree there is a scarcity leadership in upper management. However my post was show management salaries are a drop in the bucket compared to the total cost of the running an airline.

Ummmm, flying a jet is easy and fun and so long as you can turn the autopilot on and you have a pulse you are good to go.

Yes yes yes.... I know.... when the sheet hits the fan a flying monkey won't due but it doesn't happen often and the resulting loss of life is not enough to push up the requirements.

Thats the way it is. Unions are just expensive legal insurance.

You regional pilots are soon to paid in bananas.

http://www.princessmonkey.com/monkeys/graphics/arthur_pbooks.jpg

Latest resources

Back