Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATTENTION NJA PILOTS: Captain overide pay!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A movement has started to repeat-the-feat! 4 Captain bids have come out for the Hawker 400XP. A pilot group is forming to drive this bid to the bottom of the seniority list. Your help is needed to make this a reality. Please refrain from submitting a bid, or retract it, if you have already sent it in. The more support we get on this, the better chance we have of getting Captains pay for everyone! All we need is one bid-award to hit the bottom! The more help we get from our NetJet's brothers and sisters, the better. Please forward this message to as many pilots as possible. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thank-you

I hope we can all pull this off. I am on the flex and according to my wife our bills can't wait any longer.

FrontierFan said:
I hope we can all pull this off. I am on the flex and according to my wife our bills can't wait any longer.

Weren't you the same guy on another thread defending your decision to come here even though you were fully aware of the pay and working conditions? Can't have it both ways - sorry.

This will never succeed. The last one was a herculean effort pulled off by the efforts of 5 or 6 very determined guys and the good wishes of 1650 pilots at NetJets.

Anyone that comes to NetJets now needs to plan on first officer wages until they can actually upgrade. That may be 7 years. Keep that in mind when you apply.

I agree with Griz, while the pay here sucks, we are taking on new hires every month. As difficult as it was to get it done the first time, we can not (next to impossible) ask the membership to forego capt slots every month just to get FO's on by pass pay every time we accumulate more and more SIC's.

Believe me, I feel for these guys, I really do. But round two needs to be fought at the table getting all of us what we deserve. As Bill O said, the clock has started. We need to save our energy for the real fight. Again, I feel for what they are enduring, but the wait will soon be over.

Respectfully,
Wayne

ce750drvr said:
I agree with Griz, while the pay here sucks, we are taking on new hires every month. As difficult as it was to get it done the first time, we can not (next to impossible) ask the membership to forego capt slots every month just to get FO's on by pass pay every time we accumulate more and more SIC's.

Believe me, I feel for these guys, I really do. But round two needs to be fought at the table getting all of us what we deserve. As Bill O said, the clock has started. We need to save our energy for the real fight. Again, I feel for what they are enduring, but the wait will soon be over.

Respectfully,
Wayne

Griz and CE750 are correct.. I have a better chance of banging Pamela Anderson than a bypass campaign has at being successful at this point. Please do not make a decision based upon what if's.. you and your family may regret it!!!

A large percentage of the guys on the last bypass pay were nearly promised captain pay within 6 months....it took over 2 years. Guys making SIC pay now have not been here even near a year, and should of known exactly what they were getting into...not as much sympathy for them.

Grizz,

It could have been me that you are thinking of.

And there are a lot of people on our list that were in a similar situation to mine.

I was hired at the end of August. I was excited in coming before the TA was announced. I came here from a regional where I was going to receive my captain award the following month. Everything I heard was that the TA was going to pass and life was going to be great.

Before I left the regionals I meet countless NJA line pilots going to or coming from CMH. They all said the same things. “I have been through lots of xyz outfits and NetJets treats me great. If we could get the contract figured out than this would be a great place to be”. Everyone I knew at NetJets told me that the TA was getting close and the rumors were that everyone hired after the signing were going to get stuck in only five cities. I rolled the dice and accepted the position before the TA was announced.

Things are hard now but I do not regret coming to NetJets. I do however have trouble paying my bills on the flex without the bypass pay. The $27,000 / year base pay was not what I or many others were planning on. I do know that very recently there has already been two of the four of my initial Flight Safety class that has resigned sighting income as the main contributing factor.

In the meantime I pledge my full support to the new MEC and all of StrongUnion’s causes.

I still keep in touch with all of my friends back at the regionals. Many are now serving as the junior captain role that I would have if I had stayed. Some are on reserve in Buffalo, commuting with 11 days off, and when their not in the crash pad their sitting through double dead heads to cover one flight. I know NJA has its problems but NJA’s problems aren’t like those so typical of the regionals.

For me, I choose to press on with no regrets while remaining hopeful for the future.

Thanks

F9 Fan

Latest resources

Back