• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention: Conservative Obsessive Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've heard often that Bush represents the american dream b/c a C-student was still able to become president.

To me, that's the opposite of the American Dream. You've been completely average at everything you've ever done, but still had the political clout to become a 'fighter pilot' (though noone knew where you were) and eventually the president.

He's the worst of Ayn Rand's political looters.

And there really is no argument for the shape of the country.

And caveman-- are you really trying to say that congress in less than 2 years has put us in this economic mess we are in right now?
Are you serious? B/c that's just dumb. You all have been brainwashed and i truly regard you as such. How do you feel about having an Australian media mogul control your every thought.

Real patriotic.... i'll observe your opinion in support of Bush when you tell me where he was during vietnam.
No, Bush doesn't get a pass from me regarding the state of the economy. Unlike you though, I see the big picture. The house and the senate bear a large share of the blame.

So in your world Rupert Murdoch's Fox News is all bullshiite and Ted Turner's CNN is the paragon of truth. That about right? Talk about brainwashed. When was the last time you objectively listened to Limbaugh, Hannity, or any other conservative talk show host? I spend several hours a week listening to NPR and the BBC. I want to know what the other side is saying and thinking. I'm not afraid of some original and different thought. Unfortunately, they rarely surprise me. They are as predictable as Hannity and Limbaugh. There is one difference though. In general, conservative thought survives and thrives on it's own merit. In almost every case liberal thought requires government support and private donations to stay on the air. NPR and the BBC are perfect examples. They are both government sponsored entities. I know of no such government sponsored conservative media outlet. OTOH, the only recent liberal stand alone attempt, Air America, failed miserably. Why is that?

'64-'68 Bush was at Yale. Then he was in the Texas Air National Guard. He used educational deferments and Guard service to avoid going to Vietnam. Imagine that! Who would do such a thing? Uh, lets see....oh yeah! Bill Clinton for one, except he didn't serve at all. He just used deferments and connections to avoid going. So what. So did almost everybody else that could get out of it.

Kugal,

We've all flown with both types, right and left.

Remember the guy at TWA that had a bible converted to be all about aliens. Everything dealing with Jesus was changed to aliens. Though I didn't agree, he was entertaining.

At CAL (I'm told by old heads) we had (retired) a guy who thought ultra violet rays were coming through the cockpit windows. So he would wear tin foil on his head and ask the others to do the same. I personally think it would be funny to wear tin foil for an entire trip.

Finally. I flew with a liberal captain who just went on the entire time about Iraq and GWB. He really lost it when I told him I have been to Iraq. It was as though I poured acid on him. His final comment to me as we were leaving the cockpit was "So do you think it would be worth while for your son to die in Iraq?". He wasn't conservative but he certainly was, and is, a tool.

It's on both sides.

Last edited:
No, Bush doesn't get a pass from me regarding the state of the economy. Unlike you though, I see the big picture. The house and the senate bear a large share of the blame.

So in your world Rupert Murdoch's Fox News is all bullshiite and Ted Turner's CNN is the paragon of truth. That about right? Talk about brainwashed. When was the last time you objectively listened to Limbaugh, Hannity, or any other conservative talk show host? I spend several hours a week listening to NPR and the BBC. I want to know what the other side is saying and thinking. I'm not afraid of some original and different thought. Unfortunately, they rarely surprise me. They are as predictable as Hannity and Limbaugh. There is one difference though. In general, conservative thought survives and thrives on it's own merit. In almost every case liberal thought requires government support and private donations to stay on the air. NPR and the BBC are perfect examples. They are both government sponsored entities. I know of no such government sponsored conservative media outlet. OTOH, the only recent liberal stand alone attempt, Air America, failed miserably. Why is that?

Hate is an easier sale?

Hate is an easier sale?
Eureka! I finally figured out why liberals are so vindictive and prone to personal attacks. You guys see any differing opinion as being hateful. Therefore you must hate in return. That's all you know how to do. If I disagree you hate me. Now I understand. Thanks.

Dog gone it, now I have to jump into this mess. Your cousin is being shipped off to Iraq because he volunteered to serve. Period. He is not being sent there because Bush lied, or because we want to control Middle East oil. He signed on the dotted line and raised his hand and swore that he would do whatever Uncle Sam asks him to do.

I am grateful for his service.

Using your example, if someone set fire to a house and a fireman ran in to fight the fire and was killed, then it would be his fault for signing up to be a fireman. The person who set the fire isn't responsible? That's just dumb. You think the C.I.C. isn't responsible for where he sends the troops because they "signed for the dotted line".

Brilliant

Using your example, if someone set fire to a house and a fireman ran in to fight the fire and was killed, then it would be his fault for signing up to be a fireman. The person who set the fire isn't responsible? That's just dumb. You think the C.I.C. isn't responsible for where he sends the troops because they "signed for the dotted line".

Brilliant

What you have said is exactly what I think and feel. My cousin signed the dotted line because he loves his country, and to give his family a chance they otherwise won't have. He isn't wealthy, has a wife and a kid. The Army is the best avenue available to him and his family at the present moment in time. So he is going back to Iraq...putting his life on the line for his country and his family. There is a very good chance (like with any other soldier) that he won't come back...he isn't complaining, but is scared. Scared he won't see his kid again...and for what?? Freedom?? I would love to think so, except for some reason Iraq and freedom are currently unrelated. He might die thanks to Bush's blunder...not freedom. If the plan was to capture Bin Laden, and do away with Al Queda then I would accept it...however last I checked Bin Laden was never in Iraq and Al-Queda came to Iraq after Saddam fell. So with this going on, the last thing I ever want to hear is a right-wing Republican telling me how aweful Obama is. Yet it is this same Republican party that is sending these soldiers into harm's way for what???

Hey Puddlejumper-

Those 18-year old kids are the bravest people you are ever likely to meet. We have an all-volunteer fighting force and they can't wait to make their contribution to freedom, even if it costs them their lives.

Wake up, it's not 1967 anymore!

A lot of the current problems are self-induced....Did GW force us all to go buy houses we couldn't afford because we believed they would continue to appreciate at 10-20% per year...

I'm not a huge GW fan....voted for Ron Paul in the primary.....but much of the current problems are caused by all of us...Quit looking to the federal govt. to save you from yourselves.....

The economy isn't really that bad.....If oil prices come down and the realty market gets back to normal.....we will be fine....

I'm worried if Obama gets in!

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']You can verify a lot of this here:
http://money.cnn.com/news/specials/election/2008/index.html

INTERESTING DATA JUST RECEIVED ON TAXES
MCCAIN
0% on home sales up to $500,000 per home (couples). McCain does not propose any change in existing home sales income tax.
>
OBAMA
28% on profit from ALL home sales
>
How does this affect you? If you sell your home and make a profit, you will pay 28% of your gain on taxes. If you are heading toward retirement and would like to down-size your home or move into a retirement community, 28% of the money you make from your home will go to taxes. This proposal will adversely affect the elderly who are counting on the income from their homes as part of their retirement income.
> DIVIDEND TAX
MCCAIN 15% (no change)
OBAMA 39.6%
>
How will this affect you? If you have any money invested in stock market, IRA, mutual funds, college funds, life insurance, retirement accounts, or anything that pays or reinvests dividends, you will now be paying nearly 40% of the money earned on taxes if Obama becomes president. The experts predict that 'Higher tax rates on dividends and capital gains would crash the stock market, yet do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit.'
> INCOME TAX
>
> MCCAIN (no changes)
> Single making 30K - tax $4,500
> Single making 50K - tax $12,500
> Single making 75K - tax $18,750
> Married making 60K- tax $9,000
> Married making 75K - tax $18,750
> Married making 125K - tax $31,250
>
> OBAMA (reversion to pre-Bush tax cuts)
> Single making 30K - tax $8,400
> Single making 50K - tax $14,000
> Single making 75K - tax $23,250
> Married making 60K - tax $16,800
> Married making 75K - tax $21,000
> Married making 125K - tax $38,750
>
>
> Under Obama, your taxes will more than double!
>
> How does this affect you? No explanation needed. This is pretty straight
> forward.
> INHERITANCE TAX
>
> MCCAIN 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax)
>
> OBAMA Restore the inheritance tax
> How does this affect you? Many families have lost businesses, farms, ranches, and homes that have been in their families for generations because they could not afford the inheritance tax. Those willing their assets to loved ones will only lose them to these taxes.
>
> NEW TAXES BEING PROPOSED BY OBAMA
> New government taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet.
> New gasoline taxes (as if gas weren't high enough already)
> New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating gas, water, electricity)
> New taxes on retirement accounts, and last but not least....
> New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same level of medical care as other third-world countries!!![/FONT]

A lot of the current problems are self-induced....Did GW force us all to go buy houses we couldn't afford because we believed they would continue to appreciate at 10-20% per year....

No, but his steadfast refusal to have any sort of regulation on any industry, including mortgage lending, directly led to this problem. A little regulation is a good thing.

Latest resources

Back