• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attempted recall of TSA MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Troll? Created an alter ego for this thread?

We all need to come to the realization that while unions have been a very good thing in the past in regards to workers rights and more important safety, they've become positions of power for those who crave it. They have become addicted to it. Look at Woerth and his $400K salary that we pay out of our gross checks (includes per diem). These guys are going to do whatever it takes to remain in their positions in each little fiefdom. That includes playing on your emotions to get you as charged up and as pissed off as they can. If you are in that mindset, you need them to ride in and save the day. Power.

I know both sides of the stories about the union guys that have been canned and have their cases grieved. I can think of couple that are bunk just like the CA that got his job back for refusing a jumpseat, it was BS. But there are a few that did it to themselves. My understanding is that there have been some group greivances dropped in the past to get some key members their jobs back and thats cronyism. Thats "what the hell" I'm speaking of.

Last edited:
TiredOfTeaching said:
Troll? Created an alter ego for this thread?

We all need to come to the realization that while unions have been a very good thing in the past in regards to workers rights and more important safety, they've become positions of power for those who crave it. They have become addicted to it. Look at Woerth and his $400K salary that we pay out of our gross checks (includes per diem). These guys are going to do whatever it takes to remain in their positions in each little fiefdom. That includes playing on your emotions to get you as charged up and as pissed off as they can. If you are in that mindset, you need them to ride in and save the day. Power.

I know both sides of the stories about the union guys that have been canned and have their cases grieved. I can think of couple that are bunk just like the CA that got his job back for refusing a jumpseat, it was BS. But there are a few that did it to themselves. My understanding is that there have been some group greivances dropped in the past to get some key members their jobs back and thats cronyism. Thats "what the hell" I'm speaking of.

Well I have been the grievance chairman at TSA for 4 years and since I am the only one authorized to sign grievance settlements, I can tell you that as long as I have been chairman NO grievance has ever been traded for ANYONE's job. As a matter of fact, no grievance has ever been traded for another, ever!

Latest resources

Back