Attempted recall of TSA MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

boulevard

Anyone know of any info regarding this so called recall attemp? I heard a Capt Rep and FO Rep voted for a recall and it ended up a 50/50 vote. Something must be going down because the TSALounge is offline.

This is bad news with Section 6 coming up.

I thought the MECs staunchest support was always out on the east coast? Who is this "Boys Club"? Did they give themselves the name or did someone else? A 50/50 split on a recall vote makes me think that a bunch of people are unhappy.

Im not sure where you got this info. I called two union reps and both have said there was never any such vote. Where did you hear this?

boulevard said:
I thought the MECs staunchest support was always out on the east coast? Who is this "Boys Club"? Did they give themselves the name or did someone else? A 50/50 split on a recall vote makes me think that a bunch of people are unhappy.

The east coast is no longer the "millitant" group it used to be back in the days of JFK. It's not a bunch of "koolaide" drinkers either. I think part of the reason for more "moderate" thinking is that RIC has a flight manager who is a reasonable person. He's easy to talk to, shares information, and overall is a good guy.

The "Boys Club" is a group of guys who all hang out together and are pretty decent guys. I guess the name started a few years ago. The group includes a current flight manager, a former flight manager, several check airman, and couple other dudes. These guys are looking for change. They feel that the pilot group has lost out on a few flying opportunities because of the realtionship between the current MEC and the company.

From what I've heard, they would like to see the current MEC step down, and have a new leadership group work with the company. Remeber these guys have close ties to management. They feel that the pilot group as a whole would benefit from a more "moderate" MEC versus the current "hardline" group.

I personally feel that these are good guys and wouldn't sell the pilot group out just to gain additional flying. I also think they will have their hands full when dealing with TSA management. But they do have a realtionship with management, so maybe they could get things done. I just want things to work out.

If you are a TSA pilot, listen to the conference call tonite, ask your questions and form your own opinons.

Can someone PM me a link to where I can listen to the conference call. I read that it was supposed to be put up on the website but I can't find it. I had to work during most of it.

Reebo said:
From what I've heard, they would like to see the current MEC step down, and have a new leadership group work with the company. Remeber these guys have close ties to management.
Reebo said:
Which is exactly what they are trying to do and would not be good for the pilot group.

Reebo said:
They feel that the pilot group as a whole would benefit from a more "moderate" MEC versus the current "hardline" group.

This is simply not true when you are dealing with H.K. management. They direct as he commands.

Reebo said:
I personally feel that these are good guys and wouldn't sell the pilot group out just to gain additional flying.

You are being naive.

Last edited:
Nothing like airing dirty laundry on a public board- maybe the alpa board would be a little better forum for such talk

From what I understand these few confused individuals feel that we have lost out on the G0Jet flying because of the relationship between management and the MEC. They would like to vote in a 5 year extension with baseball style arbitration.

For those of you who do not know what baseball style arbitration is, you don't want to have ANYTHING to do with it!

So I believe these individuals would sell out the pilot group to gain additional flying. Afterall, they are looking to overturn a 75% vote and make a $hitty deal for additional flying.

Sounds kinda selfish to me.

Latest resources

Back