Attempted recall of TSA MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
tsa145emp said:
Hey Ren, I mean Dave Schmidt, Why don't you act like a man and talk to one of these so called boys club guys in person. In fact, you also have the option of calling one of them on the phone so you could discuss your attempts at slandering them on a public forum. You have no idea whats going on and for you to accuse certain people of receiving offers of personal perks as a reward for removing the current mec leadership demonstrates your lack of knowledge.
Its extremely cowardly and petty to post baseless conspiracy theories on a message board when you could easily call or walk up to or call one of these guys and discuss your points with them.

You must be one of the boys from the club, but your not that smart. David Schmidt was flying while Ren was posting. Check it out.

You Drama Queens are quite comical about what you think is happening behind the scenes. Recall 50/50...."boys club" blah..blah..blah. Call one of your LEC Reps. You should have their numbers saved on your cell, if not, you can find their numbers on alpa.org. Get the info straight from the source and not from somebody's trumped up twilight zone version. Pick any Rep you want, just call one! I'm one of the four...call me anytime. But get off the gossip train and find out what's REALLY going on at the MEC.

Cookie Monster said:
From what I understand these few confused individuals feel that we have lost out on the G0Jet flying because of the relationship between management and the MEC. They would like to vote in a 5 year extension with baseball style arbitration.

This has to be the dumbest idea I've heard in a long time. Baseball-style arbitration? ALPA fought several years ago to make sure that baseball-style arbitration that Senator McCain was pushing wasn't put to a vote. Even if this so-called "Boys Club" was able to recall the current MEC, then they would most likely find that Captain Woerth wouldn't be too eager to sign their little arbitrated "agreement." Your current MEC has made extreme sacrifices for the pilot group, several have even lost their jobs, so ask yourselves if they really deserve a recall for what they've dealt with and let your elected reps know how you feel.

Why does everyone assume that an attempted recall has to do with a certain 70 seat flying? I don't think that it does. That sounds like trumped up propoganda from the union. Ask around and you will find that any idea or person that goes against that of the MEC is shot down as being pro-company. Lets drop the 70 seat stuff and look at deeper issues.

Lack of confindence on the east coast is the reason I'm betting on.

boulevard said:
Why does everyone assume that an attempted recall has to do with a certain 70 seat flying? I don't think that it does. That sounds like trumped up propoganda from the union. Ask around and you will find that any idea or person that goes against that of the MEC is shot down as being pro-company. Lets drop the 70 seat stuff and look at deeper issues.

Lack of confindence on the east coast is the reason I'm betting on.

"Lack of confidence on the east coast"

These would be the same pilots who couldn't give up time off to come out and picket at IAD in september.

The only confidence they lack is in themselves.

PCL_128 said:
This has to be the dumbest idea I've heard in a long time. Baseball-style arbitration? ALPA fought several years ago to make sure that baseball-style arbitration that Senator McCain was pushing wasn't put to a vote. Even if this so-called "Boys Club" was able to recall the current MEC, then they would most likely find that Captain Woerth wouldn't be too eager to sign their little arbitrated "agreement."

Don't count on that... I am pretty sure DW signature is on the 16year no strike no lockout CBA at American Eagle. He will sign whatever the MEC, whom ever that is at the time, puts in front of him.

KingKong2 said:
He will sign whatever the MEC, whom ever that is at the time, puts in front of him.
Apparently you missed the CCAir debacle a number of years ago. CA Woerth refused to sign their TA because he considered it to be too onerous, and he felt that it was only agreed to because the pilot group was under extreme duress. I would wager that any form of "baseball-style arbitration" would meet the same fate.

PCL_128 said:
" Your current MEC has made extreme sacrifices for the pilot group, several have even lost their jobs, so ask yourselves if they really deserve a recall for what they've dealt with and let your elected reps know how you feel.

Naw, there are those guys who got what was coming for them. The MEC traded away many things that were important to their fellow pilots to get guys, who don't deserve it, their jobs back. Cronyism at it's finest.

TiredOfTeaching said:
Naw, there are those guys who got what was coming for them. The MEC traded away many things that were important to their fellow pilots to get guys, who don't deserve it, their jobs back. Cronyism at it's finest.

What the hell are you talking about!

Latest resources

Back