Attempted recall of TSA MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cookie Monster said:
From what I understand these few confused individuals feel that we have lost out on the G0Jet flying because of the relationship between management and the MEC.

For those of you who do not know what baseball style arbitration is, you don't want to have ANYTHING to do with it!

So I believe these individuals would sell out the pilot group to gain additional flying. Afterall, they are looking to overturn a 75% vote and make a $hitty deal for additional flying.

Sounds kinda selfish to me.

You betcha it is.

Dave Schmidt is and idiot

Hey Ren, I mean Dave Schmidt, Why don't you act like a man and talk to one of these so called boys club guys in person. In fact, you also have the option of calling one of them on the phone so you could discuss your attempts at slandering them on a public forum. You have no idea whats going on and for you to accuse certain people of receiving offers of personal perks as a reward for removing the current mec leadership demonstrates your lack of knowledge.
Its extremely cowardly and petty to post baseless conspiracy theories on a message board when you could easily call or walk up to or call one of these guys and discuss your points with them.

tsa145emp said:
Hey Ren, I mean Dave Schmidt, Why don't you act like a man and talk to one of these so called boys club guys in person. In fact, you also have the option of calling one of them on the phone so you could discuss your attempts at slandering them on a public forum.

"Slandering them on a public forum"

Hey is that like calling somebody and idiot and then using what you believe is his real identity while you remain anonymous?

real brave tsa145emp!

cookie monster nice screen name

Hey Cookie Monster, every action causes an equal and opposite reaction. On a previous post, Ren basically implied that the flight manager and serveral checkairman took bribes from the company to remove the current Mec chairman. Everybody in Richmond knows who these people are, so in a sense he named names. You obviously subcribe to these false accusations making you as ignorant as him!

tsa145emp said:
Hey Cookie Monster, every action causes an equal and opposite reaction. On a previous post, Ren basically implied that the flight manager and serveral checkairman took bribes from the company to remove the current Mec chairman. Everybody in Richmond knows who these people are, so in a sense he named names. You obviously subcribe to these false accusations making you as ignorant as him!

If you read my earlier post you would see that I do not accuse them of taking bribes. I accuse them of wanting to remove the chairman so that they can make a deal with the company that would seriously hurt the pilot group.

In any case, it ain't gonna happen. These guys do not have the support of any pilots except for themselves. Last nights all pilot teleconference is proof of that.

Again you are incorrect with your accusations. Noone was attempting to make a deal with the company. I suggest you approach one of these people and discuss your concerns instead of making things up and posting those thoughts on a public forum.

To all the TSA guys/gals,

I've been one of your most avid supporters in your fight. Why? Because I truly believe all of us have a dog in this one. Wether you know it or not or wether you care or not. Anyhow, I really don't like what I'm seeing as far as unity on this issue from you guys. Recalling the MEC!! C'mmon boys! They have been fired left and right to protect your jobs in one fashion or another. But ...I don't have first hand information on things nor should I. However, if this is your management trying to cook something else, then I suggest you get your troops in order and form a single line. Or, if you do have internal problems perhaps it needs to be solved among yourselves so that you can come out and speak with ONE voice.

Again, this is just my opinion. It is not my intent to lecture anyone. Just common sense observation. Don't forget, no matter what company you work for, managements salivate when they see division.

Last edited:
tsa145emp said:
Again you are incorrect with your accusations. Noone was attempting to make a deal with the company. I suggest you approach one of these people and discuss your concerns instead of making things up and posting those thoughts on a public forum.

So then these guys were hoping to remove the MEC chairman in hopes that the company might start being nice?

Those who know about labor relations know two irrefutable facts:

1. Companies who have unions deserve them and

2. Management gets the union it deserves

If the current MEC maintains its position it is because the pilots want them there based on their past job performance. Who are these guys, in the minority no less, to come in and say "we want you to step down because management is telling us that they do not want to deal with you." Management does not get to choose who represents the pilots.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back