Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATT UNION MECs: Why is Congress "STUNNED to learn" About Low Pilot Pay & Rest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1) Imagine if ALPA did NOT represent the regionals right now. What do you think they'd be saying about the situation?

I don't think they'd be saying anything different. Remember, many ALPA leaders, including your own, from what I hear, believe that the regionals are beneficial to the majors because of reduced costs and increased revenue generation. It's not something that I agree with, but it does seem to be a widespread opinion among senior mainline pilots. Until we cure the senior guys of this faulty thought process and start getting reps to focus on single lists and eliminating outsourcing, if won't matter who represents the regionals.

Wasn't it McCain who said a year or so ago that he thought pilots made too much money?
Believe it or not, that was November of 2000. I flew him to Mississippi about two weeks after he said that. He came up to the cockpit in flight to ask how things were going... I told him they'd be just dandy, if I actually made 6 figures as a Lear Captain like he evidently thought we did. He sat back down.

Oh the hypocrisy!
There are plenty of advertisements on this website where you can get cheap type ratings, cheaper training and be in the right seat of an airliner in a few months if you attend the puppy mill...

Good luck solving the problem via the message boards!

Sincerely,

B. Franklin
OK, that's funny. ;)

Has anyone ever thought about sending the details of a "Industry leading contract" to one of these politcians?
I'm sure they'd get a kick out what ALPO negotiates.

If they try and enforce a FAR saying you can not commute to work then fly, I guess the FAA will also have to impose a rule saying that a pilot CANNOT have any new born babies in your house or cannot live by noisy neighbors or cannot live within 30 miles of a loud airport or by people who have loud barking dogs all night. When I commute I will get just as much rest if not more than being at home getting woke up every 2 or 3 hours with a new born and young kids who dont sleep.
The FAA also considers a business class seat as an adequate rest facility for augmented crew flights. You probably get more rest on a FedEx seat on a night commute.

Believe it or not, that was November of 2000. I flew him to Mississippi about two weeks after he said that. He came up to the cockpit in flight to ask how things were going... I told him they'd be just dandy, if I actually made 6 figures as a Lear Captain like he evidently thought we did. He sat back down.

Now That's how you treat your paying passengers!!

Well Played!

not

Now That's how you treat your paying passengers!!

Well Played!

not
I have a desk full of written letters of commendation, both in the charter world and the 121 world, for my customer service. That said, I don't pander. I don't kiss a$$. Yes, you can provide good customer service without doing either.

He's a public servant. If he doesn't like what I have to say, he can suck it up or walk away. He chose Option B.

Incidentally, we had two problems on that flight, both handled perfectly, and his office sent me a thank-you letter that I'm sure he had some staffer sign for him. I gave it to my girlfriend, our company dispatcher, who was a big McCain fan.

Obviously it didn't ruffle his feathers that much.

I don't think they'd be saying anything different. Remember, many ALPA leaders, including your own, from what I hear, believe that the regionals are beneficial to the majors because of reduced costs and increased revenue generation. It's not something that I agree with, but it does seem to be a widespread opinion among senior mainline pilots. Until we cure the senior guys of this faulty thought process and start getting reps to focus on single lists and eliminating outsourcing, if won't matter who represents the regionals.

You apparently believed in it enough to apply to and work for one. Why is it not okay now?

Latest resources

Back