Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATT UNION MECs: Why is Congress "STUNNED to learn" About Low Pilot Pay & Rest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
~~~~~~~>pass it on! <~~~~~~~~~~

The question to all is...
Do you prefer simply accepting/perpetuating the status quo? How do you --->(AND YOUR *UNION LEADERS*) <--- plan to promote change for the better, rather than just whining about how things will never change?

Do your union leaders promote PILOT interests, or are they simply a vehicle for management's interests (via Ford & Harrison tactics)?

If there is exorbitant $ to pay mgt and F&H there is $ to pay pilots as PROFESSIONALS and NO OTHER EXCUSES can be made!

Apathy helps NO pilot!

DEMAND your union leaders earn their EXTRAORDINARILY FUNDED keep!

To add to this, you may also need to review who you've elected to represent you!

Some things to consider:

Are there an inordinate number of military individuals collecting 2nd incomes who may not feel the pay pinch as much as they need to?

Is there a balance of MOTIVATED people who are on the JUNIOR end of the seniority list?

Do your reps and leaders regularly FLY THE LINE or are they isolated in an office most of the time?

Are special leadership meetings held in bases, or are they held at exotic locations or locations convenient to the leaders?

CLEAN HOUSE if needed and get the right people in! VOLUNTEER and fight for these positions if you are a strong, MOTIVATED individual who is well versed in the tactics of Ford & Harrison! If we do this ALL over the industry, things can only change for the better!

Unions were not created to HELP management!

Why is Congress "STUNNED to learn" About Low Pilot Pay & Rest?

They aren't; but the public is, so they have to pretend that they are, too. Welcome to politics.

Want this to change? Get involved in your union. When ALPA asks you to march on the Washington Mall, instead of the same 50 union reps that always show up, we need thousands of pilots to show up. We need tens of thousands of pilots calling and emailing their congressional representatives. We need thousands of pilots contributing to ALPA-PAC. Getting the drift here? Asking your union leaders to do something won't fix the problem. The union leaders have been doing something, but they have no leverage without the backing of their members.

Oh the hypocrisy!

There are plenty of advertisements on this website where you can get cheap type ratings, cheaper training and be in the right seat of an airliner in a few months if you attend the puppy mill...

Good luck solving the problem via the message boards!

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

There are plenty of advertisements on this website where you can get cheap type ratings, cheaper training and be in the right seat of an airliner in a few months if you attend the puppy mill...

Good luck solving the problem via the message boards!

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

What specifically are YOU (and other posters of similar ilk, apathy, and distractive other themes) doing to solve it? I assume this post isn't all?

I just wish someone would ask an airline CEO why they need "retention bonuses" if pay isn't important in keeping skilled employees around.

What specifically are YOU (and other posters of similar ilk, apathy, and distractive other themes) doing to solve it? I assume this post isn't all?

Oh no.... I have over 32 screen names on over 17 and a half avaition message boards besides this one. I'm doing my part to change the profession. It's working, no?

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

If they try and enforce a FAR saying you can not commute to work then fly, I guess the FAA will also have to impose a rule saying that a pilot CANNOT have any new born babies in your house or cannot live by noisy neighbors or cannot live within 30 miles of a loud airport or by people who have loud barking dogs all night. When I commute I will get just as much rest if not more than being at home getting woke up every 2 or 3 hours with a new born and young kids who dont sleep.

Last edited:
Heyas,

Thought exercise:

1) Imagine if ALPA did NOT represent the regionals right now. What do you think they'd be saying about the situation?

2) Now ask yourself, since they do represent the regionals, would it make what they said in situation 1 any less true?

Nu

Latest resources

Back