Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just came out from BM.
file_attachment.gif
08-14 Position Notice Withdrawal.pdf (14 KB)
Memo​
DATE:​
July 21, 2008

TO:​
#08-14 AT7 Displacement Bid

BRIAN MORRIS, MANAGER - FLIGHT ADMINISTRATION

RE:​
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Position Notice​
#08-14 AT7 Displacement Bid (effective 03/02/09) is hereby cancelled.

Please refer to upcoming #08-15 AT7 Displacement Bid (effective 3/2/09).
OH YA.. MESA SUCKS!!!
:uzi:

Read the full test question rightseatjocky.

The new displacement is in effect... "#08-15 AT7 effective 3/2/09" means that those current ATR pilots listed on that displacement award will be on the line flying the 200 or 700 by 3/2/09.

It would be nice if the ATRs stayed though.

Woohoo..
Trying to give optomism. I don't think they will go away then also. They have been saying this for a while. I bet you see another halt on this.
Oh ya, Mesa sucks!!!
:uzi:

No. If there are only x number of 200 cpt postions and 20 ATR cpts are senior to the 20 most jr 200 cpts the company MAY displace them, the junior 20, back to the right seat if they cannot hold 700 cpt.

We're saying the same thing, I just used poor word choice again. I was referring to the most junior captains when I referred to recent upgrades . I failed to consider that many do not upgrade at their earliest opportunity. The point is that senior ATR captains won't be displaced to the right seat just because there are no captain vacancies listed on the jet.

Don't worry the elves at ASA are just mad they've been here so long that they can't leave. There's no shame in being new.

Ahhh. Let's see. 6 figures, 4 day weekends and a month and a half off for vacation. Why would someone with this have left to begin over. It's a balance of quality of life and pay. And why would we be mad?

You correct also that "there's no shame in being new". It will just take you a very long time to move up the list with us "elves" still here and the industry in the current state.

Ahhh. Let's see. 6 figures, 4 day weekends and a month and a half off for vacation. Why would someone with this have left to begin over. It's a balance of quality of life and pay. And why would we be mad?

You correct also that "there's no shame in being new". It will just take you a very long time to move up the list with us "elves" still here and the industry in the current state.

With that kind of time off you should have no problem learning the FMS then. In the words of Dr. Phil "So how's that workin for ya?"

This is what Brad said in one of his memos. Guess the cost of completely refurbishing them would be too much as well do to their age.

There is something not quite right with this decision. Sure, the current crop of ATRs is not known for dispatch reliability, but I would imagine they are still cheaper to operate than either of the jets at the fleet.

In this industry, as it exists now between the 'majors' and the 'regionals', I think that the priority is for completion factor and A-14. If ASA, and others, were responsible for the entire costs of the fleet that they were operating, I think they would all be operating turboprops, and finding a way to make them work reliably.

Latest resources

Back