• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATR displacement...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is something not quite right with this decision. Sure, the current crop of ATRs is not known for dispatch reliability, but I would imagine they are still cheaper to operate than either of the jets at the fleet.

In this industry, as it exists now between the 'majors' and the 'regionals', I think that the priority is for completion factor and A-14. If ASA, and others, were responsible for the entire costs of the fleet that they were operating, I think they would all be operating turboprops, and finding a way to make them work reliably.

How old are the ATRs now? Guess Fedex has figured out a way to dispatch them reliably since they are rumored to be buying them. I've heard Delta has looked into buying new Q400s or ATRs but wouldn't be able to get a delievery for years.

How old are the ATRs now? Guess Fedex has figured out a way to dispatch them reliably since they are rumored to be buying them. I've heard Delta has looked into buying new Q400s or ATRs but wouldn't be able to get a delievery for years.

My guess is we'll lose the 12 airframes for good, and if we see a replacement, it wont be for a few years when the industry has shed some extra weight in the form of other airlines.

I hope to get on with some Asian carrier by then. The U.S. Airline industry is becoming embarrassing to work in. More than the pay is laughable.

Ahhh. Let's see. 6 figures, 4 day weekends and a month and a half off for vacation. Why would someone with this have left to begin over. It's a balance of quality of life and pay. And why would we be mad?

You correct also that "there's no shame in being new". It will just take you a very long time to move up the list with us "elves" still here and the industry in the current state.

Come on. You know what I meant by elves...

Latest resources

Back