• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATR displacement...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys this will be a lot less painful than you think... SLC closed and we went through the same thing. Seniority will rule and they will let pilots go to the 700 and 200.

Is it me, or are there more than the 'max' number of pilots at the company for every category listed on the bid?

Not good, I think.

Yes, but doesn't the actual # include those on LOA for one reason or another? Take them out and it was <100 fat that we had on the displacement bid that came out prior to today, haven't had time to count them up for today's letter.

GW, scotch and a cigar soon, I hope... gotta talk about this caca you talked me into ;)

Last edited:
I can't see them putting CP's in the right seat so I would expect you could bid what you can hold and those that are bumped end up FO on the -200.

It's their cheapest way to keep pilots if they're not using the "F" word.

That's what I meant, if I wasn't clear. Only recent captain upgrades on any aircraft should be at risk for displacement back to FO. Senior ATR captains should hold whichever RJ they prefer to go to.

I'll be on a mil leave for at least another year...you're welcome. I'll miss seeing the ATR's cruising around the ramp...

Yes, but doesn't the actual # include those on LOA for one reason or another? Take them out and it was <100 fat that we had on the displacement bid that came out prior to today, haven't had time to count them up for today's letter.

GW, scotch and a cigar soon, I hope... gotta talk about this caca you talked me into ;)

According to SH a few days ago in recurrent- No furloughs planned. We can expect a healthy hour reduction in the fall from Delta. So between staffing levels and the block hour reduction, we should not expect to fly much more than guarantee durring the fall. Also, if you don't want to take a full month off, but would like to take a week or two worth of leave, just ask, you'll get approved........

Good point on the LOAs; I hadn't considered that. However, do the numbers on the bid reflect those LOAs, or, are those numbers representative of those who expect a paycheck during the month?

Whacha doin on Saturday? At this point, I think I owe you... Oh well, it's always the darkest just before the dawn, right?

(I personally don't feel that we are in imminent danger of a furlough, but anything is possible next spring...)

I can't see them putting CP's in the right seat so I would expect you could bid what you can hold and those that are bumped end up FO on the -200.

It's their cheapest way to keep pilots if they're not using the "F" word.

You haven't been he long have you?

It can and probably will.

That's what I meant, if I wasn't clear. Only recent captain upgrades on any aircraft should be at risk for displacement back to FO. Senior ATR captains should hold whichever RJ they prefer to go to.

No. If there are only x number of 200 cpt postions and 20 ATR cpts are senior to the 20 most jr 200 cpts the company MAY displace them, the junior 20, back to the right seat if they cannot hold 700 cpt.

Good point on the LOAs; I hadn't considered that. However, do the numbers on the bid reflect those LOAs, or, are those numbers representative of those who expect a paycheck during the month?

Whacha doin on Saturday? At this point, I think I owe you... Oh well, it's always the darkest just before the dawn, right?

(I personally don't feel that we are in imminent danger of a furlough, but anything is possible next spring...)

On reserve, I'm already at 85 credit and 68 block for the month so I'll be on down the bucket... not that that means anything. Give me a holla, I've got a car and can head up your way.

From what I saw of some of the senior ATR guys over the years, the company would be better off putting those guys in the right seat and paying CN bypass pay to everyone else! ;-)

Latest resources

Back