• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATP written score

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As short as most carriers are for pilots, I wouldn't worry about it. The only time this will come into play is when you upgrade. During the type oral your written results will be collected and the examiner is SUPPOSE to question you on the areas you missed as they relate to your carrier FOM.

Dude;

I scored a 71% and my landings have never been better!

Don't listen to these slackers. Strive for the best. I personally scored a 110. Aced all the questions and nailed the extra credit essay about a 172 on a treadmill.

During the type oral your written results will be collected and the examiner is SUPPOSE to question you on the areas you missed as they relate to your carrier FOM.

Crap... I'm screwed. They are going to ask me about loading pallets of cargo into a CRJ and how to come up with ground speeds when I have the flight plan and the weather packet only.

Relax, if the area you missed don't apply to your operation then how can you be quizzed on it. The CRJ is bulk loaded w/o pallets so mark it off. Look at the areas you missed from the FAA web site and have a GENERAL knowledge of them for your oral.

7574EVER,

In this industry, no one cares anymore. If you ever passed any test and will show up for work - you're hired. The fact that you even asked your question shows that you are in the top 10 percentile of the work force. In another year you won't care either.

The scores are irrelevant since the advent of programs like ALLATPs "1 day ATP prep test."

Why?

There are roughly 1700 questions for the Part 121 ATP written exam. ALLATPS takes the most common 500-600 questions (historically, the questions most likely to come up on your test), and they have you take those questions again and again for the whole day (8 hrs or so). Then, you take the ATP exam right there.

Everyone I know who went to do this at ALLATPs walked away with a 90% or better.

I don't agree with that method of just 'rote memorization' of all questions/answers for the ATP, but many people end up doing just that.

One guy I know who took the test at ALLATPs, walked out with a 96%, and yet, didn't know simple things like what V2 was and what Mach Tuck was.

Thanks all,

Well, I guess I'll just take ADDED pride in my brand new FCC permit that just came in the mail. Not only did they send me the normal wallet size certificate.....I even got a bigger one that said it was "a size suitable for framing"!!!! That's goin in a frame and put on my DESK!! (right next to my 79%). My mom had tears of joys in her eye's when I told her what the fine government had sent me. She was so proud......

I made a 99%. I might as well brag about that on this thead since no one else will ever care. I actually thought doing the 727/DC9/B1900 weight and balance/performance problems were kind of fun. The flight planning problems were lame though. The one question I ended up missing involved one of the rules for overwater alternates for 121 supplemental carriers. I took the All ATP's prep course but also studied the gleim on my own for a few months beforehand.

Latest resources

Back