ATP at Sporty's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What would you like to know about it?

Their website says that they want you to arrive with your ATP written so I was wondering if anyone knows what their interpretation of the Regs is since each place seem to have a different one. I have been at a regional for a few years so mine is expired, but I am still employeed by the same 121 carrier. I know it's good should I upgrade with my company(we know that won't happen in the next 3 years,) but some places like all ATP's will make you retake it.

Thought about going up to Presque Isle to see the guy up there, but if it's only a few hundred dollars to do it here in my hometown, I'd rather save the headache of getting to presque isle.

I'll make a few calls....I trained and taught there and am good friends with the CP....I'll let you know what I find

If you're talking about Trask at PQI, I'd go there. He was great! Took my written with All ATP's in Bowling Green, KY.

Yes, that is who I am talking about. I have heard of many guys that have used him. I might have to go purchase flanel pants and a down parka though if go that route.

if you took your atp while employed as a PIC at a 121 or 135 operator, it won't expire. If they (sporty's) says to retake its because they probly want you to take it there......tell them to shove it and go somewhere else.
or jsut do it in the sim for free.....

They get nothing for having you take it again....it's a CATS test that you pay for over the phone....they just have the computer

The ATP written only stays current for a check ride with a 121 or 135 carrier depending on the written you took. Read the regs and talk to the fisdo. The Fisdo is the controling factor and the interpreter of the rule.

Latest resources

Back