• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATN ALPA Recalls Move Forward

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Again, anything counter to SWA groupthink is BS. Its so sad its laughable.

anything counter to SWA groupthink is BS. Its so sad its laughable.

Well unless we go to arby your arguments do not matter...Mr Kelly had the right to intervene in the negotiations, and he has a responsibility to preserve the culture...the latest agreement is mgmts best effort to do this....an arbitrated list would probably look better for the AAI pilots but it is an unknown, and no one knows what Mr Kelly would do with the list...my guess is he would not integrate if AAI votes this deal down...could be wrong but I doubt it...is that unfair? what is in it for Mr Kelly (who came up with the proposed list)?

Just out from Rueters...IATA...tough times ahead for airlines worldwide....frightening is the word described by Thai CEO......then throw in carbon extortion.....not good....

OYS/Genital......how many guys below you?.....Delta could be hit hard by this.....do you think you could get your second furlough notice?......

Don't worry.....just keep telling the Trannies to turn this POS down and go to arby.....Gary doesn't pay attention to this kind of stuff......after all, he is just a Bean Counter by training......

I'm sorry that you're so obtuse, but I'll explain it AGAIN...

1. No bump/no flush.
2. DoH

Sure, the guys holding AAI CA seats will continue to hold them AS LONG AS THEY STAY IN BASE.

If they voluntarily vacate their base, then the most senior SWA F/O could bid that CA seat.

They deserve to hold on to what they brought to the merger, nothing more. And they DON'T deserve to be stapled to the bottom of their list so YOU can upgrade.

Get it? Got it? Good.

That's fair. Holding a gun to their heads, threatening to downsize them out of their jobs is not fair.

BTW, ALPA doesn't recognize DoH in the merger/frag policy, so your anti-ALPA rant is misplaced. Since you hold a contrary opinion, that automatically makes you an ALPA hater, using SWA reasoning.

I really think you should actually read some of what you write. I get it: YOU think "fair" means DOH and no bump/flush. The fact of the matter is that everyone has a different definition of "fair," and yours doesn't matter any more than anyone else's. In fact, it matters less, since you're not involved. Some Airtran people think relative seniority is the only definition of fair. That's WAY better for Airtran than your definition. Right? Some Southwest people think stapling is fair. That's WAY worse for Airtran than your definition. Still Right? What some people (including me) think is "fair" is that Airtran pilots give up some seniority in exchange for our hard-fought, industry leading contract. That's somewhere in the middle, isn't it? Regardless of the smug, invective-filled answer you're liable to give to that question, as it turns out, it was closer to the only definition of "fair" that actually mattered--that of management.

Here's what you said:
They deserve to hold on to what they brought to the merger, nothing more. And they DON'T deserve to be stapled to the bottom of their list so YOU can upgrade.
1. If you really believe they should hold on to what they brought and "nothing more," than it looks like you're arguing that they should keep their contract and pay (it's what they brought, smart guy) in return for keeping their seats and seniority. Is that what you meant? If they're getting "more" (our contract instead of theirs), then they're ahead of where they started and SWA pilots aren't. Is that "fair" in Fubi-world?

2. They're not being stapled so I can upgrade. I upgraded in late 2007. In fact, they're not being stapled at all. They're being feathered in with an average loss of seniority of approx 2-1/2 years. It appears that difference is lost on you. But then again, you have a bad habit of grossly exaggerating, to try highlight your point. I guess no one would see it otherwise.

Finally, as far as being a hater goes, now I KNOW you don't actually read what you type, seeing as how you've turned it around again. One more time for the Fubi-cized of the world: You have an opinion. I have a different opinion. That, on itself does not make anyone a hater. However, I stated that my opinion was different than yours in a civil manner, and in turn you called me a "buttf#cker" for doing so. That indeed DOES make you a hater. Got it? See the difference? Everyone else does.

Bubba

Last edited:
Well stated Fubi. These particular jackwagon Corndogs on FI have entitlement issues, and can't understand that GK decided this deal was good for SWA as a whole, yet these Cornies think only they and SWAPA should benefit.

Godspeed!

OYS

Wait, corndogs have entitlement issues? That's pretty funny. I suppose you've forgotten that you (and others) think they're entitled to a SWA captain seat. Talk about entitlement issues. I really think you should look that up before you spout off, OYS. At the very least, think before you type. Hmmm... Let's see:

OYS: "They should be captains at SWA because they were captains at Airtrran."

Bubba: "Well we dont think so, because they're not senior enough to hold a captainship (5 years vs 10 years, etc.). It should be okay though, because they're all getting raises in pay and benefits, even if they are downgraded."

OYS: "It's not about the money, it's about quality of life."

Bubba: "Well, if THAT's true, than they should be happy-- as a mid level F/O insead of a junior captain, their QOL is much higher. Weekends off, better vacations, etc. Oh yeah, plus they make more money."

OYS: "Well they should still be captains. Uh... just ... because."

Bubba: "Gotcha."

I suppose that once someone makes captain at any airline, they should be guaranteed to be a captain for life. Why? Because they're entitled. Right, OYS?

Bubba

They're being feathered in with an average loss of seniority of approx 2-1/2 years.
Bubba

I believe that you are correct with the average loss being 2 1/2 years.

But keep in mind that number is a bit misleading, most of us are getting a 3 1/2 year loss from date of hire. The guys that haven't been here very long are skewing the averages a bit. FWIW.

Nice beat down bubba. I was about to welcome both Fubag and Up His Six to their 100th Southwest thread. Talk about two Jackwagons. Holy Sh!t.

RF

The Southwest pilots will not vote down any of these SLI agreements. These agreements are best case scenario for the SWA pilots. It seems the plan is to just keep throwing unfair one-sided agreements at the Airtran pilots with the hope they will vote to keep one out of fear of losing their jobs. It is not right. I don't inderstand why the MEC would send this agreement to a vote after turning down the first one. Hopefully 100 percent of the Airtran pilots vote no and show unification.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back