• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATN ALPA Recalls Move Forward

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's exactly right. This is a waste of time and money. We're going to drop $10,000 for a vote that very well might fail to recall anybody, and if it is successful, the only thing we've accomplished is create an MEC that is nearly half vacant for a month and half during some very busy times. And then, after new elections, we'll have three brand new reps who have probably never done any union work before, and won't have a clue what they're doing.

But this is AirTran. We don't do union stability. We do infighting. As much as I'm an ALPA supporter, I actually look forward to SWAPA membership. It's not about the union, it's about the pilot group. You guys have a very unified and organized pilot group, and SWAPA is successful as a result. Our pilots will do well to see how a truly unified group can make things work.

No, ALPA National didn't give any advice one way or the other on the first deal. They merely gave the pros and cons and let the reps decide. That's how ALPA works. It isn't big brother telling you how to handle your local business.

You hold two positions at ALPA, do you not? One locally, one at the national level? I think you need to refrain from making posts such as this.
In your position, you may think this is a waste of time and precious ALPA money, but for those of us in favor of this recall, this is about hoping to send a message to SW management that voting down AIP1 was NOT our voice.
"We don't do union stability. We do infighting." Your words and you are correct. This most definitely is the case...at YOUR level. How do you expect a pilot group to unite behind dirty politics and reps that outright lie? We don't know who to trust. And the trust level dropped another notch when your EVP status was used to get you in the room for the meeting, AFTER you had been so vocal on the forum about how bad you thought AIP1 was. You don't think we saw right through that? We knew exactly what was going on, and in my opinion, you're just as responsible for this mess as AC, CJ, and TH.
...and you want us to "unite" behind you?

i am starting to realize that maybe...just maybe most atn guys cant wait to get alpa out of here. for 80 percent of you welcome aboard. the other 20 percent scares me. it seems there are guys at atn that wil hate swa forever. like one of your mec reps who had a personal agenda. now that sucks.

i am starting to realize that maybe...just maybe most atn guys cant wait to get alpa out of here. for 80 percent of you welcome aboard. the other 20 percent scares me. it seems there are guys at atn that wil hate swa forever. like one of your mec reps who had a personal agenda. now that sucks.

Puddle, I agree. Although it may be higher than 80 percent:) I can't wait to pay my last ALPA dollar, and I'm not alone.

No, ALPA National didn't give any advice one way or the other on the first deal. They merely gave the pros and cons and let the reps decide. That's how ALPA works. It isn't big brother telling you how to handle your local business.

Yeah, they probably don't encourage giving advice any more. They tried that once and look where it landed them.

alpa sucks and should be outlawed they have killed the industry

Latest resources

Back