• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas/Southern/Kalitta > Fedex?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does FedEx have profit sharing? And Kalitta probably has something that FedEx/Atlas don't have.

IF you want to compare $, then compare base pay and per diem. OR, compare ALL compensation.....but then you really need to compare EVERYTHING...schedules, days off, etc.

I know that, for me, Kalitta's home basing is WAY better than trying to get to work for FedEx...they do not fly to my home airport.

cliff
GRB

Does FedEx have profit sharing? And Kalitta probably has something that FedEx/Atlas don't have.

IF you want to compare $, then compare base pay and per diem. OR, compare ALL compensation.....but then you really need to compare EVERYTHING...schedules, days off, etc.

I know that, for me, Kalitta's home basing is WAY better than trying to get to work for FedEx...they do not fly to my home airport.

cliff
GRB

Nicely said Sir, us usual.

Even though Palmtree Pilot's post about World pretty much sums it up, I am a 4th year FO and I plan on staying here. Call me too optimistic, but I think this ship can be turned around. Besides, I like that I only fly 400ish hours a year and make decent money for an ACMI with a great group of guys and gals. With the home basing and extended periods of time off, I like the ACMI lifestyle and I am of the belief that the grass isn't necessarily greener at other airlines.

Just curious, what's the average for hours flown in a year @ FedEx?

Don't know about system average, but I blocked 285 in 2010. That was with 3 months reserve, 2 months international, and 7 domestic. That was probably a little lighter than typical, since we were in furlough mitigation with reduced BLGs for part of the year.
Looking back at the four years prior to the reduced BLGs, it looks like I averaged right at 315 blocked per year. Mainly domestic flying with a little reserve sprinkled in.

Z

World has went down hill the last few years. That is for sure! It is still a fun job and a descent career.I have probably averaged $210,000 per year for the last 6 years. Sure I would rather be a captain at Fedex but starting over is not always an easy or good option.
Spread sheets over a 20 year career dont always prove to be that accurate as they dont take into account loss of medical, furloughs etc...
I remember my AA interview they said we were all future millionaires....things change!

Even though Palmtree Pilot's post about World pretty much sums it up, I am a 4th year FO and I plan on staying here. Call me too optimistic, but I think this ship can be turned around. Besides, I like that I only fly 400ish hours a year and make decent money for an ACMI with a great group of guys and gals. With the home basing and extended periods of time off, I like the ACMI lifestyle and I am of the belief that the grass isn't necessarily greener at other airlines.

I've been at FedEx for 5 yrs and have a TOTAL of 600 hrs, enough vacation to have essentially 2 months off a year (soon to increase), a lucrative retirement plan, 1st....did I say 1st Class deadheads for any travel time over 5 hrs, and an hourly pay rate as an FO the same as a Kalitta 8 yr 747 Captain. I could go on and on.

Not one single pilot has left FedEx for any other company since I've been here. And the biggest thing of all.......what are the odds of your company being around 20yrs from now? What do you think the Vegas odds would be; (cargo company X vs. FedEx)?

I think a lot of guys on this board have some serious misconceptions about FedEx or they are trying to justify their choices to themselves.

Latest resources

Back