• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas/Southern/Kalitta > Fedex?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope, not moving. I have a job I like very much, a company run by folks who know how to make money, a paycheck that looks pretty good and a great bunch of folks to fly with. There's absolutely no reason to change. There's more to life than playing "how much money can you make".

Last edited:
4th year FO pay vs. 2nd year pay at Fedex

Atlas: $95 x 62 hr: $5890
Kalitta $88 x 62 hr: $5456

Fedex 2nd year : $140 x 74 hours x 1.09% (pension) = $11292

i would have to look closer at the list, but i think most 4 year guys are captains at kalitta at about 130/hr. of course, the pension is not there, but really good flying, basically 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, no more commuting.

also looks like you pulled the WB pay, is that realistic at fedex right now? not sure...guessing you would have to go to hkg for that?

... There's more to life than playing "how much money can you make".

YOU are absolutely correct! Like hiking, mt. biking, golfing, spending time with family, flying a super cub, etc., etc. So if you can make as much or more money for spending less time on the road than you do now... I would say "absolutely no reason" is a bit too strong of a statement. Then again, Atlas is the place to be if you want to stay in the ACMI business.

Best of luck to all!

PtP

If you want to compare $, then u need to compare total compensation. You only took base at Atlas/Kalitta, and you added extra on to Fedex.....intentionally creating skewed numbers.

If you want to compare $, then u need to compare total compensation. You only took base at Atlas/Kalitta, and you added extra on to Fedex.....intentionally creating skewed numbers.

Atlas and Kalitta don't have either an A or B fund. FedEx has both and the A fund is paid at 1.09% (or maybe it's 2 according to APC).

Doesn't seem skewed to me.

Elaborate please.

By the way congrats on getting out of the big A and in with Atlas.

PtP

If you cant see that total compensation @ fed-ex or ups is better than any ACMI, you need to have you eyes examined. Total career earning are way better especially for the time you have to put in @ work to get said earning.

Now that being said depending on your age and QOL the switch may not be for everyone. But you can not argue the compensation package is any better @ any of the ACMI"s even Atlas.

And I can figure that out only having got my GED!

If you cant see that total compensation @ fed-ex or ups is better than any ACMI, you need to have you eyes examined. Total career earning are way better especially for the time you have to put in @ work to get said earning.

Now that being said depending on your age and QOL the switch may not be for everyone. But you can not argue the compensation package is any better @ any of the ACMI"s even Atlas.

And I can figure that out only having got my GED!

Think you missed the point. No one is arguing that the ACMI carriers fall far short of FEDEX, merely that the ACMI carriers compensation is understated.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back