• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATLAS Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are both Atlas and Polar hiring? How does that work? If you apply to Atlas and a Polar slot is available (say Atlas stops hiring for awhile), would your application get bumped to Polar for review?

What's the big difference in terms of working for Atlas vs. Polar? Any difference? From a schedule standpoint, are Atlas and Polar pretty similar in terms of days on the road per month? Also, are Atlas and Polar still hiring on the 200s or is most hiring nowadays on the 400 for both?

Atlas is hiring! Polar is not.

Atlas is primarily ACMI with the exception of SonAir, Polar is a scheduled operation for DHL.

A new CBA will be effective by the end of summer with the two groups merged.
Atlas and Polar pilots will be available to the company 17 days.
Atlas has -400's and -200's for now. The 747-8 hopefully will be on property by Q4.
Polar only has 6 -400's.
Good luck with your application!

Two weeks vacation but it is watered down by a sliding scale proration of days off.
ie. 7 days of vacation in a month=9 days off=16 days away from Atlas.
All that may or may not change in the next cba.

Two weeks vacation but it is watered down by a sliding scale proration of days off.
ie. 7 days of vacation in a month=9 days off=16 days away from Atlas.
All that may or may not change in the next cba.

If I'm reading this right you can't get a month off...is that right?

Hello,

1) I read in a previous thread that you guys can take home 75 to 100 the first year. is that still realistic? what about 2nd year?
2) a friend of mine interviewed recently and was told new contract was coming in april and that atlas pilots will have "a lot more time at home". does anybody have some specific info regarding the new contract in terms of days away from home?
3) APC lists 50 hour/month AND 62 hours/month guarantee. which one is it?

thanks a lot for any answer.

1-Wrong. The most I have heard of 1st year is $75. Normal is about $55. $100 is impossible. $75 is normal for 2nd year. After the new contract, maybe $75 will be low for year two. Have not seen details yet. You will also make less if you are hired on 767-I think 13% less???

2-Wrong. There is a daily trip rig. If you are gone the same number of days you will make more money. If the company wants to pay you the same per month as guarantee, you will be home about 4 more days a month (depending...sometimes you are already home that much more now-other months you are gone a few extra days).

3-Both. 50 year 1 and 62 is it starting year 2.

The pay scale was established a while ago-have no idea when as I am new. No new hires on 767 yet. I think the pay scale has been around for years.

Latest resources

Back