Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beernutz

Hey all,

Just wanted to get some feedeback on road life at Atlas. 17, let alone 21 days is a ballbuster.

How busy are you one the road? How are the overnights/hotels and typical time at a particular location?

Do you fly with the same person the whole time or do you switch it up? 2 pilots? Or mx guy too?

It all helps, I appreciate it . . . oh, how's the healthcare? Thanks

Hi.

It IS possible to get assigned 34 days in a row on the road...not likely, but possible.

If you think 17 days in a row is a "ballbuster", then PLEASE STOP NOW!

Let someone else who thinks Atlas is a fantastic job have a chance at the slot...wait until the type of job your really want comes along...you will be happier, and maybe someone else will be happy at Atlas because of your decision not to apply.

cliff
LFW

Hey all,

Just wanted to get some feedeback on road life at Atlas. 17, let alone 21 days is a ballbuster.

I suggest you look elsewhere, if 17 days is too much. Try using the SEARCH function, there are many threads here about Atlas, and I'm sure you might find the answers you're looking for.

If you don't like that type of schedule look into pax carriers. At freight outfits the schedule doesn't get shorter with seniority while carrying people around you may be able to get a better bid as you move up the list.

Hi.

It IS possible to get assigned 34 days in a row on the road...not likely, but possible.

If you think 17 days in a row is a "ballbuster", then PLEASE STOP NOW!

Let someone else who thinks Atlas is a fantastic job have a chance at the slot...wait until the type of job your really want comes along...you will be happier, and maybe someone else will be happy at Atlas because of your decision not to apply.

cliff
LFW

I've been applying with Atlas for over eight years now, got several great friends working over there, only place I ever wanted to work being a single young man.

I was hired and awaiting class back in 2008, and was in the hiring pool for two years.

I was told in early spring of 2010 no class date would be offered, and i'd have to re-interview, Atlas was very nice about it over the phone, but what a debbie downer.

The sad part is that I passed up two great job offers while waiting on Atlas, thinking it woulld eventually come around with my class date.

Good luck to everyone interested..

TEN

The sad part is that I passed up two great job offers while waiting on Atlas, thinking it woulld eventually come around with my class date.

That bites. One thing I found out in this industry is never pass on great offers hoping another will happen. Take the offer you have, and if and when the other offer arises, deal with the situation then.

That bites. One thing I found out in this industry is never pass on great offers hoping another will happen. Take the offer you have, and if and when the other offer arises, deal with the situation then.

I agree - a bird in your hand is worth two in the bush. Never ever "expect" anything in this business...

Tough time to be looking for work I know . . . as does Uncle Sam, I just don't wouldn't want to trade one devil for another . . . interesting mix of responses

Latest resources

Back