• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tough time to be looking for work I know . . . as does Uncle Sam, I just don't wouldn't want to trade one devil for another . . . interesting mix of responses

If you want a less stressful flying job, consider applying to Delta ASAP. I hear they will be hiring 800+ pilots over the next two years. Delta loves military pilots and you probably already know some C-17 reservist pilots flying for Delta now - you should obviously network with them.

After flying the C-17, I imagine most flying (including 744F flying for Atlas) would be pretty boring anyways - you might as well get paid and have a decent QOL (i.e., no 21-day tours).

Good luck!

How do days off work?

And you know all this why exactly?

If you want a less stressful flying job, consider applying to Delta ASAP. I hear they will be hiring 800+ pilots over the next two years. Delta loves military pilots and you probably already know some C-17 reservist pilots flying for Delta now - you should obviously network with them.

After flying the C-17, I imagine most flying (including 744F flying for Atlas) would be pretty boring anyways - you might as well get paid and have a decent QOL (i.e., no 21-day tours).

Good luck!

Not big on heard form a friend of a friend kind of info. Call us when you have first hand experience

I have contacts. Understand that a big proportion of that total will go to Compass and Mesaba pilots (wholly owned by Delta). But, there will still be slots for others. Just sending out an FYI...

Not big on heard form a friend of a friend kind of info. Call us when you have first hand experience

Thanks dumba$$. I have friends in high places at Delta - evidently you don't. Check out the Delta threads on the majors board for confirmation. Drop the attitude - I am just trying to provide some helpful advice for those who don't want 21-day tours.

Thanks dumba$$. I have friends in high places at Delta - evidently you don't. Check out the Delta threads on the majors board for confirmation. Drop the attitude - I am just trying to provide some helpful advice for those who don't want 21-day tours.

This board would lose it's entertainment value without the attitudes.

Isn't that a Garth Brooks song? "I have Friends in High Places"..........oh, wait a minute...

No attitude Mr Grumpy Pants. Just not big on hearsay - If you like Delta that's fine - most people do. If you don't like Atlas - that's also fine. But don't compare the two. Hint Hint they aren't the same. In case you have forgotten this is a Cargo thread about Atlas. Have a beer..... Chill.........breathe....relax This conversation would be better at the bar anyway. Peace brother

No attitude Mr Grumpy Pants. Just not big on hearsay - If you like Delta that's fine - most people do. If you don't like Atlas - that's also fine. But don't compare the two. Hint Hint they aren't the same. In case you have forgotten this is a Cargo thread about Atlas. Have a beer..... Chill.........breathe....relax This conversation would be better at the bar anyway. Peace brother

Atlas Rocks!! Only been here a short time but it's my 2nd AMCI and I'm havin a great time!! AMCI is great, show up to work and off you go to wherever whenever around the world!!

Don't get me wrong, I think Atlas is a great option. I've always been a fan and wanted to fly the whale worldwide. I am just trying to suggest other alternative for those people who might not be able to handle the 21 day tours.

Back to our cargo-oriented programming...

Latest resources

Back