Atlantic bucks...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G200_PILOT

They couldn't have made the new rules any more difficult to understand if they tried. As a result of the new rules, one must accumulate atleast 40 certificates before any funds are placed onto the AMEX card. Add to that, they expire on the December 31st of that year, and they have made it very tough for some of us to get use of the card.

As a result, I'm looking for someone that would like to trade Atlantic Bucks for cash. It could go either way but keep in mind that the certificates cannot be transfered once they've been entered into the system.

I currently have 18 certificates that have been approved. That means I have to find 22 more REALLY FAST or they'll end up being worthless on December 31st. If anyone has and bucks that they haven't entered into the system yet and would like to trade them for a cash value, let me know.

In the future, I'm also looking for someone who wants my certificates. I really don't feel like dealing with the hassel that these new rules have created. If there's someone here that accumulates A LOT of bucks and wants some more, PM me and we'll work it out.

Thanks a lot!

I will send you a PM, I don't have 22, but I have 18 myself that have been not been entered into the system yet.

Thanks for those that have PMed me. It looks like I have the 22 I need in order to use the card.

Thanks!!!

I just give mine to the FO. At least one of us gets a shot at making the cut.

I think I've got 18 more as well if you want a deal on em

Shoot, send me all your unwanted Atlantic Bucks! I'll take them. :D :beer:

Shoot, send me all your unwanted Atlantic Bucks! I'll take them. :D :beer:

If you're serious, then let me know.

Thanks for all the replies. I was able to reach the $200/40 coupon limit and I am now able to use the card again. From here on out, I will NOT use the coupons. If you want to buy them, we'll make a deal. The way tyhey have the system set up now, only the frequent Atlantic customers can benefit from it. Never thought I'd fuel around them, but I'd rather get AVTRIP points now. All those bonds are going away for the kids' college.

All those bonds are going away for the kids' college.

Bwaha bwahahaha bwahahahahahaha

If you think those bonds will be worth enough in 20 years to pay for your kid's college......

You're better off cashing them in for 50% of face value as soon as a year has gone by since they were issued and investing the cash in, say, gold.

By no means do I think thore bonds will pay for college but it's something that I never think about. They just sit there and will be there collecting SOME intrest over the years. I got my first one about ten years ago and have collected them ever since. Who knows what they'll be worth in 10-15 years. We'll see.

Bwaha bwahahaha bwahahahahahaha

If you think those bonds will be worth enough in 20 years to pay for your kid's college......

You're better off cashing them in for 50% of face value as soon as a year has gone by since they were issued and investing the cash in, say, gold.

It's free money, and less you have to pay when they do go. Smart move. It's a college fund...you do know what that is??

Latest resources

Back