• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlantic bucks...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's free money, and less you have to pay when they do go. Smart move. It's a college fund...you do know what that is??

The point is, redeem them as soon as you are able for 50% of the face value and invest the cash. If you're saving for a kid's college, put it in a 529 account. You'll do waaayyyy better than waiting for the full maturity of the EE bond.

Thanks for the tip. I just called and found the web address to where you can log in all the serial numbers and see how much they're worth if you cash them all in today. I may just pull the money out and hide it under my pillow. That seems to be the safest place these days.

Thanks for the tip. I just called and found the web address to where you can log in all the serial numbers and see how much they're worth if you cash them all in today. I may just pull the money out and hide it under my pillow. That seems to be the safest place these days.

What was the website?

It's 50% of face value plus a buck or two depending on how long you've had it. You have to wait a year from date of issue to redeem them. Based on present value of future dollars, I cashed in a bunch about 6 months ago to buy something that will appreciate in value as the Obama years wear on: another .45 1911 model.

And yes, RTRHD, this one is IDPA legal :rolleyes:

Gun club closed. Long story. Haven't put a round downrange since May. Can't find ammo anyway.

I need 15, and will work out a deal with anyone that wants a cash buyout for their certificates? PM me if interested!

Latest resources

Back