Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys might want to check the rules for the Atlantic Bucks. FAQ's

http://www.atlanticaviation.com/AwardsFaq.aspx?id=9

Can I give my certificates to someone else to redeem?

No, these awards are not to be bartered, sold or gifted. They are to only be used by the flight department to which they were issued.

The reason I went and looked in the first place was I was talking to a CSR in AUS about 2 years ago and they were telling me that there was a big investigation concerning a pilot who had been getting Atlantic Bucks from different aircraft. (each certificate you get is registered under that tail number and can be looked up to when that certificate was issued) This pilot was actually a contract pilot who was flying multiple aircraft so he was cleared of any wrong doing along with the staff there at AUS. This rep was telling me that when you enter the certificates into the system, the computer is the one that will detect a possible issue and red flag it. Then the investigation will be conducted by someone at corporate.

They can investigate all they want. I talked to one of the folks at the call center and told them that I would have to see about getting some certificates from others in order to make sure the card would be useful. They said that it was OK to do. Oh well.

Mine will all come back to QS tail numbers so it's all good for now.

NOTE: I just called the awards 800 number and talked to someone there about this issue. They don't have a problem with pilots from the same company such as NJA, FLEX, or FLOPS to lump their certificates together in order to reach the $200 mark. The thing that they told me to be aware of is that if a pilot collects more than $600 worth of certificates in one year, that pilot will be sent a 1099 at the end of the year. In essence, only borrow enough to get you to the limit of getting the card. To "buy" certificates from folks or to be the one to cash them ALL in may end up costing you in taxes.

Last edited:

No, these awards are not to be bartered, sold or gifted. They are to only be used by the flight department to which they were issued.

The reason I went and looked in the first place was I was talking to a CSR in AUS about 2 years ago and they were telling me that there was a big investigation concerning a pilot who had been getting Atlantic Bucks from different aircraft. (each certificate you get is registered under that tail number and can be looked up to when that certificate was issued) This pilot was actually a contract pilot who was flying multiple aircraft so he was cleared of any wrong doing along with the staff there at AUS. This rep was telling me that when you enter the certificates into the system, the computer is the one that will detect a possible issue and red flag it. Then the investigation will be conducted by someone at corporate.

That investigation came about because the employee behind the counter took all the unclaimed certificates and gave them to her boyfriend/husband. She did everything she could in order to make sure that the pilots at that FBO left without remembering to grab the certificates. Her plan backfired and was subsequently fired and charge with a felony.

No, these awards are not to be bartered, sold or gifted. They are to only be used by the flight department to which they were issued..

Flight Department with 3000+ pilots and several hundred tail numbers.... Whats the problem again?

Flight Department with 3000+ pilots and several hundred tail numbers.... Whats the problem again?

That wasn't what the original post was about. The original post was about having other people send them their spare certificates and even one made a comment about paying for them. A clear violation of the rules set by Atlantic.

I just don't want to see someone have this reward taken away from them because they thought they found away to "acquire" more certificates. The way the system works, I can see them having all their certificates revoked because they are violating the rules set by Atlantic.

Atlantic has already made it even more restrictive this year than it has ever been.

They can investigate all they want. I talked to one of the folks at the call center and told them that I would have to see about getting some certificates from others in order to make sure the card would be useful. They said that it was OK to do. Oh well.

Mine will all come back to QS tail numbers so it's all good for now.

NOTE: I just called the awards 800 number and talked to someone there about this issue. They don't have a problem with pilots from the same company such as NJA, FLEX, or FLOPS to lump their certificates together in order to reach the $200 mark. The thing that they told me to be aware of is that if a pilot collects more than $600 worth of certificates in one year, that pilot will be sent a 1099 at the end of the year. In essence, only borrow enough to get you to the limit of getting the card. To "buy" certificates from folks or to be the one to cash them ALL in may end up costing you in taxes.

A group of us that flew the same planes use to do this as well and we would hold a big party and would pay for everything with the AMEX Card and that was before I heard about the issue there at AUS. Where they have an issue is if you are not part of the "same" flight department. And that was what the original post was about. This program is about the only worthwhile program we as pilots have and it just got more restrictive this year. I just don't want someone to screw it up for everyone and have Atlantic become even more restrictive by trying to circumnavigate the rules set in place.

I say we form a grass roots effort to simply boycott Atlantic. I would rather they have NO fuel incentive plan than have a great one and then change it to tease us all.

I say drop it all together or bring it back. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too.

So here's the idea, MIN FUEL AT ATLANTIC!. Want to be hard core? Rip up the the Atlantic Bucks in front of them and tell them you want your fuel program back. Make sure when you order your min fuel you tell them why.

If we all do this the old fuel program will come back. I know this is a pipe dream though...like asking pilots to not take Over Time when guys are on the street.

gp

Uh, sorry. 5200 gallons on a top off (double credit) last week at FRG. Couldn't tear up that many tickets if I wanted to.....

Biker,

G200 is in my flight department .... As I understand it ... we can do what we want with the coupons we collect within our department. If he has 18 and I have 22 ... we can put them together and split the booty instead of getting stuck with nothing.

That's correct. They don't have any issues with us doing that.

Latest resources

Back