• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlanta vs. Orlando

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've lived in both cities and prefer MCO by far. But, remember that the Disneyland thing wears off and gets old. The good news is that there's plenty of things to do and everything is a short drive or short flight away....ie....Key West, Miami, Daytona Beach.

I call BS!

Disney Land is in California. Disney World is located in Florida.

I call BS on the thread. 70 something Fo's 56 lines in MCO and that is after they sent 13 fo's to ATL for TDY for the next bid I live in MCO and im from ATl. Ale House in Orlando all the way.

looks like MCO is winning this one..What about the "Woman Factor"? who wins when it comes to women?

- For a city its size, there's shockingly little to do in the way of social life. Sure, there's Buckhead, Highlands, Decatur, etc., but I've seen better social opportunities in much smaller cities (ie. Nashville, Charlotte, Birmingham)
- Forget public transportation, it hardly exists. Unless you live directly on a MARTA line, you're better off driving.
- High crime in town and a downright terrifying drive to the airport (average 2 traffic fatalities a day in the metro area)

Pros:
- Real estate values in ATL consistently beat the national averages. Buy here, and it's a pretty safe bet.
- Lots of decent professional sporting events
- Pretty friendly population, as a rule of thumb
- Excellent dining and some damm fine bars in Highlands, Decatur, etc.
- Low Catholic population (in other words, Southern girls put out)
- We make good beer here.

My friend, I lived in Atlanta for the last 21 (6 in the city) years except that I recently moved to Birmingham. For the love of God don't move here if you're single. Everyone's married. This is a place where you end up, not start out.

I had a great experience with the people(as you mentioned) and a fantastic social life in Atl. I'm sort of a bar fly and had a great neighborhood spot, but there are a load of good size parks; it's great walking city with sidewalks and nice neighborhoods, loads and loads of single women, great food spots indoors and outdoors, I could go on and on. And I rode the MARTA to ball games($1.75 beats paying $10 to park) when I didn't walk to them and to the Airport all the time. It's a simple system; I used to walk a couple of blocks to a bus stop and then get on the train. 45 minutes door to door and was cheap. I agree that it's not the best for getting around town for shopping or whatever, but the new beltline would change that. http://www.beltline.org/

I don't know much about MCO, but someone mentioned Church street. I met a guy from there recently at Sun n Fun and he was saying something about it not being very good any more for one reason or another. I would guess that non-reving in and out of MCO could be a nightmare with senior DAL guys and tourists down there.

At any rate....I miss Atlanta terribly. I'm sure that it's obvious, and you can see I'm a little biased.

What "Good" Beer do they have in Atlanta :confused:

Sweetwater. Go take the "tour" at the brewery Wed. - Fri. $8 gets you a pint glass and like 6 tickets to sample all the types of beer. I suggest the IPA, Summer Hummer, and 420.

Also, Red Brick and a few others brewed by Atlanta Brewery.

Sweetwater Blue is my fave.

Latest resources

Back