Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stop..

DFW ATC is better.

Better stop smoking that tumbleweed, there Tex. You ain't a-foolin none of us crackers, you sidewinder...... I have been to DFW many a moon and I must say it is one purt-near craphole.....

Three towers? Are you serious? Combine that with Korean air, and you got yourself one hairy hoe-down!

Better stop smoking that tumbleweed, there Tex. You ain't a-foolin none of us crackers, you sidewinder...... I have been to DFW many a moon and I must say it is one purt-near craphole.....

Three towers? Are you serious? Combine that with Korean air, and you got yourself one hairy hoe-down!

My favorite was always the lady working East Ground who would wait until the mass crossing of 17R to start calling for outbound taxiing aircraft. "Ok who's at spot 47?" Meanwhile, about 12 aircraft are stepping all over themselves trying to taxi inbound.

JP,

Thats Funny and I'll bet your right!

701EV

One incident gets a someone DECERTIFIED?

That is correct. It's a tough gig.

Today as I taxied in Tower asked me to pick up my taxi speed. Then after switching to Ground, controller said; "Acey, I've got a number for you to call, ready to copy?" So I called after shutdown and got a real tongue lashing, almost made me cry. Said I was the third Acey he'd had call about slow taxiing on his shift. I just feel awful.

I don't tell them how to separate; they don't tell me how to fly--or taxi.

I would ask if they were calling on a recorded line, ask for their initials and operator ID and the name and phone number of their supervisor. File a NASA report, a report with your airline's safety department, and copy everything to the union's safety committee.

This is pilot pushing and it must not be tolerated!

Hosing ATC doesn't seem very smart to me. Even if it is only incidental to your cause, it doesn't seem worth it in the grand scheme of things.

If it were me, I would try to limit my extra effort toward safety while still parked at the gate. But, that's just me.

Yep. I had to sell my car when I became a pilot. Go figure.

Thats all we need to do is P/O ATL tower. Our contract issues have nothing to do with ATC. They will be looking to hand out phone numbers to call left and right even for the slightest deviations that they normally "look over" if this keeps up or escalates.

I don't mind the "havoc" but lets keep it within ASA.

Be sure to stop if you have not contacted ground yet after crossing inboard runway. ATL controllers have been good to us and a pleasure to work with. Let's not mess that up. They can play this game too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back