• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATL Tower Controllers are Upset With Me

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, not taking anyside or anything. But a controller in ATL just got decertified 5 days a go, becasue an ACEY aircraft the "slowest one" took the whole runway 10 to land and roll out. Two planes behind him had to go missed. The controller got into trouble for that one. He is decertified and has to go through re-certification. I know, I know all of you are going to argue when I am on the runway- the runway is mine. But keep in mind this could turn to something really really bad. The controllers are pro about ACEY's flying and taxing safely, but all of the ACEY's need to help the controllers out too.

I don't think we're getting the whole story here. How did the controller get decertified? Did they lose separation? I don't think making an airplane or two go around would cause that to happen.

What?????

Looking at the diagram for RWY 10 in ATL, it is 9000' long, and most people catch SG14, which looks like it only leaves maybe 2000' at best to the end of the runway. And you say that 2 aircraft had to go around?

Hey I am just a messenger passing along a message, if you really want, somehow pull up the reports Controllers file with the FAA, and look at the details. I am just passing on what I was told by an ATL controller.

Good thing, not going around was not an option.

No, good thing, going around was not an option.

No, good thing, not going around was not an option.

Nevermind, anybody know what I'm talking about? Probably not.

Well, not taking anyside or anything. But a controller in ATL just got decertified 5 days a go, becasue an ACEY aircraft the "slowest one" took the whole runway 10 to land and roll out. Two planes behind him had to go missed. The controller got into trouble for that one. He is decertified and has to go through re-certification. I know, I know all of you are going to argue when I am on the runway- the runway is mine. But keep in mind this could turn to something really really bad. The controllers are pro about ACEY's flying and taxing safely, but all of the ACEY's need to help the controllers out too.

IF this holds any truth, and was the main reason. I can see controllers filling out more reports or notices of violations on ACEY pilots.
From the sounds of it, things suck down there. Hope it gets better.

Good thing, not going around was not an option.

No, good thing, going around was not an option.

No, good thing, not going around was not an option.

Nevermind, anybody know what I'm talking about? Probably not.

Ahh... Roanoke.... I remember seeing that broke-assed airplane sitting on the ramp up there.

There's gotta be more to the story!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back