• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATL-BIL (Was ASA now Skywest)?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Piedmont started flying the Dash 8 into Tri-Cities. It used to be a PSA CRJ-700.

What the heck you guys. Omg, call the fire marshall.

When SKW was operating CYYZ-KSLC w/ the CRJ9...a planned, nearby alternate and the right amount jetstream wind turned into a fuel-stop roughly 75% of the time.

75%, seriously? I flew that route at least a dozen times and never even had to think about it. Biggest fuel load I've ever seen, though.

When we first started service there was not a Saturday flight, so it was a 48 hour layover. Released at 1530 on Friday, report at 1630 on Sunday. Much fun was had in downtown Toronto. Even met Jeff Healey.

BIL is west in relation to ATL but not west enough to be interesting (sightseeing)...
That should be a 737 line anyway!

75%, seriously? I flew that route at least a dozen times and never even had to think about it. Biggest fuel load I've ever seen, though.
For the record, I pulled that number directly out of my arse and inflated it a bit for effect. It wasn't near 75%, but we still did a fair share of fuel stops on that route...fuel tank capacity limited.

For the record, I pulled that number directly out of my arse and inflated it a bit for effect. It wasn't near 75%, but we still did a fair share of fuel stops on that route...fuel tank capacity limited.
Fair enough. So were they planned stops?

I can't feel my legs!!!!!!!!!!!

I suggest you don't go the fractional route. I know quite a few Netjets, CS and Flexjet pilots who fly those long 6+ hour NYC-LA and MIA-SEA flights in much tighter cockpits (i.e., Citation X and Sovereign) who would love to have the room you have in your CR7/9. Flexjet's CL300 is relatively wide like your CRJ but that type of roominess is rare in that business. So remember, it could always be worse...

Latest resources

Back