• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATI and ABX Merging

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think that's what l8fr82hub means by "Too Late". It''s kinda like "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice........ .

FAJ

"What we do about history matters. The often repeated saying that those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them has a lot of truth in it. But what are 'the lessons of history'? The very attempt at definition furnishes ground for new conflicts. History is not a recipe book; past events are never replicated in the present in quite the same way. Historical events are infinitely variable and their interpretations are a constantly shifting process. There are no certainties to be found in the past."

Gerda Lerner

Local 747, under the rule of Gene Sewell, and ATI cut a deal to take the Australia flying away from ABX. Now, ABX and Local 1224 are being accused of inappropriate actions in looking out for it's furloughed crew-members.

I'm far more interested in what happens today and tomorrow, than what occurred yesterday.

Local 747, under the rule of Gene Sewell, and ATI cut a deal to take the Australia flying away from ABX.

Obviously, we need some enlightenment. What Australia flying, EXACTLY, did we cut a deal to take away from ABX?

Pretty twisted perspective.

Let me see if I understand this correctly. If ATI secures a contract it's whipsawing and if ABX negotiates a concessionary contract it's an effort to "to stop this practice and reverse the decline of our profession" (quote from Muckle's letter to ABX crewmembers).

Is that about right? This all seems pretty one-sided to me. Please do tell me where I've got it wrong and while you're at it how about a peek a that side letter which supposedly gives ATI and CCI crewmembers reciprocal rights to be recalled to ABX?

Last edited:
Pretty twisted perspective.

Let me see if I understand this correctly. If ATI secures a contract it's whipsawing and if ABX negotiates a concessionary contract it's an effort to "to stop this practice and reverse the decline of our profession" (quote from Muckle's letter to ABX crewmembers).

Is that about right? This all seems pretty one-sided to me. Please do tell me where I've got it wrong and while you're at it how about a peek a that side letter which supposedly gives ATI and CCI crewmembers reciprocal rights to be recalled to ABX?

And who do think allowed ATI to secure the Qantas flying? Nothing happens unless Joe H. wants it to. ATI was awarded the contact at a time when contract talks at ABX where at a standstill. If you cannot see whipsawing like that watch out! ATI will get exactly what Joe is willing to give and that is all. When the Qantas flying comes over to ABX and you park a 767 do not be too surprised.

Last edited:
Air Transport Services Group Inc. Q4 2009 Earnings Call Transcript

From SeekingAlpha.com :

Operator
(Operator Instructions) Your first question comes from Helene Becker – Jessup & Lamont.

.... {First three questions and responses skipped} ....

Helene Becker – Jessup & Lamont
With the pilot agreement now everything is done and everything is behind you on the labor side?

Joe Hete
As far as the ABX crew is concerned that is correct but we are still in negotiations with our other two airlines, ATI and Capital Cargo’s flight crews.

Helene Becker – Jessup & Lamont
Any finding on that?

Joe Hete
They continue to go through the negotiation process. They’re both involving Federal mediators at this point in time, but would not get into predicting when and if we could potentially get an agreement. I think the one good thing is for the first time ever from ABX’s perspective is, the agreement we got with the flight crews is five years going forward. Historically we’d get five year agreements but by the time we inked them, two years had already elapsed so we only looked at three years of going forward labor piece so to speak.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/196...-earnings-call-transcript?source=yahoo&page=7

My emphasis in red.

Emotions are contagious and a weakness. When a dynamic situation is presented, as all 3 airlines have been thrust into, it is the calmer cooler heads that will prevail. Once the emotions control for one it is a victory of divide and conquer. Each can fight for their own survival if they choose. But when you build your house, you have 3 pillars. Put them too close together it becomes weak and frail. Put them too far apart and your house will fall in upon itself. But placed properly apart you can carry an enormous load, together. Good luck to all of you guys and best of luck. Sounds like you will need it.

My paycheck comes from an ATSG bank account too.

Latest resources

Back