ATI and ABX Merging

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dick Cabeza

Hey guys as some of you know I was interested in applying at ABX or ATI some time back, before the DHL news (sorry guys!) I have a friend at ABX saying they are about to start negotiations on a merged seniority list. Would this improve life at ABX, as probably ATI would cease to exist? Or is this just crewroom rumors.

After reading some of the statments in the lastest 10Q, why would ATI want to merge lists with ABX? It may be noble, but doesn't seem to make a much sense. Hopefully there is something greater out there for you all, good luck.

"In June, DHL formally notified ABX Air of the release during the second half of 2008 of 23 of ABX Air’s 55 DC-9 aircraft serving DHL, with the remainder to be removed from service by the end of the second quarter of 2009."

"Additionally, management may consider selling several of the 24 Boeing 767's which have passenger door loading systems to DHL and using the proceeds to help finance the modification of the remaining Boeing 767's to standard freighter configuration."

Last edited:
Would this improve life at ABX, as probably ATI would cease to exist?
Why would ATI cease to exist? As for the seniority merger.......no f-in way.

Good luck to the ABX folks.

Last edited:
What about CAPPY? They are also a member of ATSG and their profitable also. What I can see them doing is cutting overhead eventually and close two of the three HR Dept's, Crew Scheduling, Travel, Maint, Dispatch, etc..etc..etc. That would save a little money and I would have no idea where it would be based Wilmington, Little Rock, or Orlando.

I doubt they would merge. They could all merge under ATI I guess. ATI, I believe flys under ICX's old certificate which no one could duplicate in todays world or should I say political envirenment. That was written back when men were men and spooks were spooks. (I believe ICX even did work for the 1st-SFOD) A union is attached to the certificate...pretty much enough said on that. If anyone is sitting in a good spot right now its ATI. I sure dont have a dog in this hunt but its sure interesting.

As for the seniority merger.......no f-in way.

The only way to protect anyone's job at ATSG is by combining the 3 airlines. Permanent seat protection protects all concerned, and no one raids anybody else's seats. David Bourne (Director, Airline Division IBT http://www.teamster.org/divisions/airline/airline.asp ) has already told ATSG management that he's not signing off on ATI's or ABX Air's contracts if they are not fair and equitable to both pilot groups.

Good luck to all 3 airlines and pilot groups.

The only way to protect anyone's job at ATSG is by combining the 3 airlines. Permanent seat protection protects all concerned, and no one raids anybody else's seats. David Bourne (Director, Airline Division IBT http://www.teamster.org/divisions/airline/airline.asp ) has already told ATSG management that he's not signing off on ATI's or ABX Air's contracts if they are not fair and equitable to both pilot groups.

Good luck to all 3 airlines and pilot groups.

Who says this dip has to SIGNOFF on anything related to fairness. The signoff is to be done by the crews affected by the whole situation. If our EXCO says this is the best we can get and we as ATI accept their explanation who is this dippooper to tell us otherwise?

Who says this dip has to SIGNOFF on anything related to fairness. The signoff is to be done by the crews affected by the whole situation. If our EXCO says this is the best we can get and we as ATI accept their explanation who is this dippooper to tell us otherwise?

Good question. I thought Teamster Locals had virtually total autonomy in decision making. Is it possible Bourne is getting his rules confused? He did just take the job after leaving Atlas (for the moment still an ALPA carrier, but I suspect not for long.) At ALPA the Pres. of the union does have the right to refuse to sign off on a negotiated TA. I don't know that its ever happened though.

Why would Bourne give a crap? He doesn't work for the place. He is to busy ruining Atlas. That is funny. Bourne isn't going to sign off......no skin off his back. And I'm not signing off on the United contract. Oh wait, I don't work there.

Latest resources

Back