ATC snapshot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NJA Capt

OK, I'm bored. For grins I thought I'd see who was flying today. Here is the short list from Flight Explorer.

5102 Aircraft over the US.
12 Citation Shares
25 FlexJet
46 Flight Options
84 NetJets
74 Comair

Ironic CS+FLex+Opt=83, NetJets 84

ok

if CS+FLex+Opt=83, NetJets 84, it could also be interpreted that this would be true as well...

CS=$65000/yr
Flex= $60000/yr
Pot=$63000/yr

Therefore the equation would mean EJ=188000/yr.

But we all know thats not true so maybe the equation should read

CS+Flex+Opts=EJ/5

(ps not sure of the dollar amounts for flex and cs, but you all get the picture)

And your point is???

OK, you got us again, NetJets is king. All hail Net Jets. Anyone flying for another fractional is inferior. Boy, I wish I could fly for Net Jets.
Wake the f up dude, no irony to the figures... look at fleet sizes and I guess those numbers are just about what they should be...duh.

Lighten up guys (or gals). It's amazing how tense everyone is - even the lighthearted posts get slammed. I was going to post an (unfunny) response comparing the pilot's shoe sizes, but I am sure the responses it would create wouldn't make it worth the effort.

Lighten up...

No kidding guys, just look at it in the BIG PICTURE sense. 167 Total airplanes in the air are from frax. That is the impressive number to me, looking to the future for all Frax ops!

Who gives a F--k how many planes are in the air. It still doesnt change the fact that we barely make a living at NJA. Biggest in this case doesnt mean squat. Flex,CS,FLOPS all make more than we do!

Hey NJA Capt,

Just for grins, I decided to see how many fractional flights were the subject of FAA incident/accident reports over the holiday. Here's the total:

Netjets - 2
Flight Options - 0
Flexjet - 0

Happy Holidays

I guess I missed your point, Fuzzy. I think I know the two "Incidents" you are refering to; failed nose wheel, and a bird strike. Both resulted in no injuries, both crews managed the events in a professional manner, avoiding injury and limiting damage.
That's probably what you meant to say. Fly safe.

Well, my point was, at any given time I/you can search the internet for data that could show any particular company in a positive or negative light.

One of the incidents I found was the failed nose gear, however, the other incident was actually classified as an accident due to the amount of damage caused to the airplane resulting from two blown tires on landing at SBA. You mentioned a bird strike incident, so maybe there are three recent reports.

I'm not trying to claim that operations at NJA are unsafe, or that the crews are unprofessional. I think we all do the same job, with different signatures on our paychecks.

If NJA Capt wants to "rub it in" that his company was flying more on any particular given day at a particular time, then anybody else can just as easily find some negative press about his company to throw back at him. It's a fruitless exercise, but "out of boredom" I finally joined this forum as a member and decided to post.

Latest resources

Back