• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

habubuaza

Sorry if this was already covered.

REPEAT&CORRECT: ATA Holdings 4Q Losses $58.76/Shr

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES</FONT>
March 31, 2005 2:14 p.m.

("ATA Holdings 4Q Losses $58.76/Shr Vs $1.72/Shr," published at 12:28 p.m. EST, incorrectly reported that the company posted a loss for the year ended Dec. 31, 2003, and misidentified per-share earnings as average shares outstanding on a diluted basis for both fourth-quarter and full-year periods. ATA Holdings posted a net profit, not net loss, of $15,792,000 for 2003.)

WASHINGTON -- The following table is a summary of ATA Holdings Corp's (ATAHQ) financial information for its fourth quarter and fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2004, as disclosed in the company's annual report Thursday with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

4Q: 2004 2003Revenue $353,245,000 $369,079,000Net income (695,120,000) (25,612,000)Shr erns Net income (58.76) (1.72) Year:Revenue $1,532,571,000 $1,518,533,000Net income (816,854,000) 15,792,000Shr erns Net income (69.09) 1.27Figures in parentheses are losses.

-By Marc Hopkins, Dow Jones Newswires; 202-862-1362; [email protected]

Last edited:
I'm sorry every time I try to paste a table it turns it into a paragaraph. Anyway it shows 4th Quarter 04 losses at $695,120,000 vs. a loss of $25,612,000 in 4th Quarter 03.

Can anyone tell me if this is accurate? Thanks.

From the company's 10-K...

For the year ended December 31, 2004, the Company recorded an operating loss of $100.2 million, as compared to an operating income of $77.5 million in the same period of 2003. For the year ended December 31, 2004, the Company had a net loss available to common shareholders of $816.9 million, as compared to a net income available to common shareholders of $15.8 million in 2003. The net income recorded in 2003 includes $37.2 million received in U.S. Government funds, which was recorded as a reduction in operating expenses. The net loss in 2004 includes $638.5 million of expenses related to the Company's reorganization in Chapter 11 and a non-cash charge of $27.3 related to the Company's bond exchange in the first quarter of 2004.

ACBarney,

Sorry to hear that you are now looking for employment. They sure were pumping a lot of sunshine up the, "you know where" when we interviewed on November 1, 2003.

It was they same crap that USAir told me during my interview there in November 1989.

I'm at Kalitta now, ATA sent me a rejection letter!

Freight is great and Kalitta is looking for pilots. If I remember you live in PHL or NJ. We fly a lot of trips out of EWR and JFK, so if you live in the area you can get home on a layover, breaking up the 17 day line.

I guess Gary didn't like my paper trained freight dog story!

Good Luck finding employment. Hope you get picked up by SWA with the rest of the furloughed ATA pilots.

CWI

Last edited:
Thanks!

Same crap Usair told me in April 1999.

SWA has hired about 5 of 40 furloughees that interviewed and none of the non-furloughees that have interviewed.

Dear HalinTexas,

While I could be reading your post wrong & if I am please accept my apology you appear to say that no ATA pilots who were currently working for ATA at the time they were interviewing at SWA have been hired? I do believe we have hired ATA active pilots over the last year. We has also as you described hired furloughed ATA pilots. Again if I'm mischaracterizing your post then my apologies but I didn't want to leave the impression with any current ATA pilots or even furloughed ATA pilots that SWA hasn't hired any "active" ATA pilots because I'm nearly 100% certain that we have. I've been at several new hire parties in which pilots have identified themselves as former (active) ATA pilots until they arrived at SWA.

I think there is a little misunderstanding going on. I myself know of only two ATA pilots hired since the bankruptcy. I don't know of any furloughed FO's who were successful (of course I don't know everyone). But this has to be weighed against the percentage of pilots who went to the last board. I heard the number was about 40 applicants out of around 150-200. Those aren't good odds no matter where you come from. Can anybody confirm this?

HalinTexas said:
SWA has hired about 5 of 40 furloughees that interviewed and none of the non-furloughees that have interviewed.

Um...that's not entirely true, they hired me and there was an ATA non-furloughee in the class ahead of mine and an ATA non-furloughee guy in class behind me.

Last edited:
I was called for an interview prior to being furloughed, and was hired. I heard 0 of 15 captains that interviewed got hired. I know of at least 2 other guys that got hired prior to being furloughed. I don't know if any of the 'interviewed-because-they're-furloughed' guys got hired. Hope this helps clarify things a little.

Latest resources

Back