• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ata

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know of two pals that I flew with in a former life that got Furloughed from ATA (I think jan 31) Each of them got very fast interviews here at SWA. One with the type and the other without. I think they each had three or more letters from insiders. Both of them are great guys and both of them are coming to big D!!!!

So to all you ATA'ers looking to come over I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you at the Bar soon!!

Cyaaaaaa

OAK

Thanks to the folks who cleared up the perception that ATAers aren't getting a good luck & getting hired....the number is never high enough I realize but that doesn't mean any of them can't join the hundreds of folks who were interviewed here once, turned down & then hired on a subsequent try....hang in there & keep working on the things that will make you more competitive the nex time.....I will freely admit the pain of a rejection is difficult & not easy to deal with but don't succumb to the negatives that can keep you from eventually reaching your goal...hang in there & keep flying & give SWA another a try in the future....thanks again to the contributors who have passed along encouraging news to folks from ATA...

Much of the numbers quoted above are consistent with what's been related via our intra-company communications a.k.a. rumor mill.

My point being is that ATA pilots, regardless of condition of servitude, are not making it to SWA in droves.

I've been rejected by SWA twice already. Submitted third app. last Nov. just prior to the SWA bail out. I have not heard of one captain getting hired from ATA in the last year, only a couple of FO's and a few furloughees. I've heard that SWA views many of us that are leaving voluntarily as disloyal and therefore not a good fit for SWA. The question, from reports, has been posed many times in the interviews.

I don't know what else I can do to be more competitive, especially after I'm displaced/demoted next month.

I might be able to make it back to the left seat in 2-3 years should ATA survive and grow in that time. At this time I'll have about 100 captains to get called back before me, not to mention other FO's that are senior to me that haven't held the seat yet. All of this in contingent on continued success of the codeshare, emerging from BK, a permanent CEO with talent and skills, and a generally healthy industry. Frankly, I'd rather get away from the b!tch!ng, p!ss!ing and moaning and the group helplessness that I find myself in, and join a winning outfit with a positive group attitude.

HalinTexas said:
I've been rejected by SWA twice already.......... Frankly, I'd rather get away from the b!tch!ng, p!ss!ing and moaning and the group helplessness that I find myself in, and join a winning outfit with a positive group attitude.

You can flame away at this response... but it is probably the most sincere and non flame statement I've posted here..... you ready.... can you handle the truth HalinTexas.... here goes.... the truths gonna hurt.... but I'm telling you like it is:

I would start by simply looking at YOURSELF. Do a search of ALL of your posts here. Your posts here on Flightinfo ALONE reflect someone who has real assinine qualities.... and the fact is that your personality HERE on these forums appears to be reallygenuine..... a genuine jerk.

By the way..... because I KNOW that your going mention it, so I'll say it FIRST..... you can say what you want about all my posts here on Flightinfo....... I'm just having some fun... and I'm not here looking to get on with SWA or anywhere else for that matter as "Angus". If I was truly "Angus" I wouldn't have lasted or made it in this industry... believe me.

The fact is YOU ARE seeking employment... and you don't hide the fact of who you are on these forums....... and yet you still have the persona here that you're somewhat of an pompous self righteous jerk. Go back and read ALL your posts here... about ANYTHING..... and it all appears genuine... that you are in fact a jerk.

You've been shot down at SWA how many times??? Look in the mirror, and log off of Flightinfo......... seriously..

Okay... to the penalty box I go.... so flame away.... but just think about what I said....

Last edited:
Angus said:
You can flame away at this response... but it is probably the most sincere and non flame statement I've posted here..... you ready.... can you handle the truth HalinTexas.... here goes.... the truths gonna hurt.... but I'm telling you like it is:

I would start by simply looking at YOURSELF. Do a search of ALL of your posts here. Your posts here on Flightinfo ALONE reflect someone who has real assinine qualities.... and the fact is that your personality HERE on these forums appears to be reallygenuine..... a genuine jerk.

By the way..... because I KNOW that your going mention it, so I'll say it FIRST..... you can say what you want about all my posts here on Flightinfo....... I'm just having some fun... and I'm not here looking to get on with SWA or anywhere else for that matter as "Angus". If I was truly "Angus" I wouldn't have lasted or made it in this industry... believe me.

The fact is YOU ARE seeking employment... and you don't hide the fact of who you are on these forums....... and yet you still have the persona here that you're somewhat of an pompous self righteous jerk. Go back and read ALL your posts here... about ANYTHING..... and it all appears genuine... that you are in fact a jerk.

You've been shot down at SWA how many times??? Look in the mirror, and log off of Flightinfo......... seriously..

Okay... to the penalty box I go.... so flame away.... but just think about what I said....

Pot....meet Kettle :rolleyes:

Well Mr. Angus, you could be absolutely right.

But I must say, if that is true, then many would wonder on this forum how I got the job.

Many of us, including you I hope, find that the "mask" we wear on here allows us to say things that we might be more careful if our true identity were known.

I've never tried to "hide behind a mask." I'm not obvious about who I am, because I don't want a bunch of crank calls harrassing my household. Those at ATA that read this board know who I am.

I know there are always those that think I am a jerk, but you're the first to suggest it on any forum that I participate in. Most just think I'm "a little diffrnt" (sp). Truth is I'm a realist, brutally honest, and not afraid to share my opinion, that may be a character flaw, but I try not to insult unless insulted. Sometimes the intent of the post is lost in translation. It will appear insulting, but it's usually too succinct and does not convey the full meaning as in this case. I was trying to point out that ATA pilots are no more enjoying a hiring boom from SWA than from any other carrier. Preferential interviews, sure, but hiring no. As has been reported, more pilots have gone to Trans Meridian than SWA.

I also want this codeshare to succeed. I would like to stay at ATA. I've had a a lot of fun, seen a lot of the world I wouldn't have seen anyhwere else, met a lot of quality people that I call friends, and gained heaps of experience that can't be bought. I upgraded in less than five years, in my 30's, in the current state of this industry. That, in and of itself, counts me as blessed. Yes, I've met those 10%'ers, and I could be one of them, but I've gotten more compliments than criticism. Could it be that I'm misunderstanding your posts? :)

If what I post on this board is sufficient to blackball me from any carrier, then I don't think I would be happy at that carrier. I would hate to not be me, and that's all I can be.

Hal,

I appreciate your posts and believe you attempt to be honest and fair. You are a positive and realistic person, I'm proud to call you an ATA brother.

Some people can't handle the truth.

Ray in Florida

Last edited:
Thanks, Ray.

See, Angus? Nyah, nyah, nyah. Somebody likes me. 8^)

Next subject.

Angus said:

Anus:
I have to agree.....with everyone else on this board, that you are a total ass!
Now, back to that rock you crawled out from under.
I think it took a lot of balls to post what Hal said, and I personally commend him for it.

Latest resources

Back