• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ata ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA will take a few months to make the ATA -800 stupid by disabling all of the autoland,autobrake, and autothrottles. Howmany -800's do yall have and do they have a HUD. Also how many seats do they have. Im sure the ATA guys will get preferential Interviews, but not stapled to the botttom of the list like the morris guys received. To many cultural problems from that buyout.

737-800 Fleet

We have 34 '800's. If the far flung rumor of SWA buying them comes true, then the planned business class conversion (12 + 148) goes away. One class configuration has 175 seats.

The HUD is great for low viz approaches. The AIII mode even gives flare and power guidance. Using the HUD makes handflying to mins relatively easy.

BTW, where does this rumor come from? Why would SWA want to add bigger airplanes to their mix? You all seem to do well with the 2 pilot/3 FA arrangement.

Anyhow, if we do get brought in, I would enjoy being an SWA employee. I think your corporate philosophy is to treat all employees as assets.

We just took out 350 million bond note two weeks ago, the DFW and PHL possibilities will only come to fruition if we have the aircraft. Boeing cant give us that many instantly and Kelly was qouted as saying the the used aircraft market is a likely possibility in the 1st quarter of 05. Next generation is the only way we will go.

Gary Kelly is coming to MDW on Thursday 10/7/04. For what?

Had training in domicle today and 1 of the chiefs said that both Herb and Gary were in IND this weekend. From what was said it looks like SWA is going to get the -800s and AWA is going to get the 757s. ATA will keep the rest for their charter Ops. SWA Maint said that the ATA -800s are in great condition, even when compared to our -700s. The reason for the -800s is that SWA can add more capacity that way. Also learned that it is cheaper for SWA to buy new -700s from Boeing than used -700s from the open market.

Hang in there

CaptSeth said:
I can't say that I'm fond of rumors that involve the liquidation of my career.

I feel your pain, man. I just hope to never be apart of the cause!

Just watch the flap overspeed inspections on the -800s. They get expensive after a while. Other than that, they are great birds.

joe

SWA/FO said:
Gary Kelly is coming to MDW on Thursday 10/7/04. For what?
Obviously, a wreck !!

You know the sandwich at Potbelly's. Seriously though, it could be anything, SWA has lots of gates/departures at MDW.

Latest resources

Back