Ata ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
English said:
I wonder how Aloha fits into this picture...we have rumors flying about someone buying us as well. We are in the process of selling off cargo and contract services, and we are already beginning the shedding of interisland flying. All that would be left (and lucrative) is the -700 ETOPS flying.

America Aloha Trans Air West? Has a ring to it, doesn't it? ;)
have patience.. its coming soon. some of us have been sworn to secrecy, but you will know soon enuff.

HAL said:
The rumors are flying thick and hot here at AWA too. They're about a lot more 757's on the property soon. Since the '57 is out of production, we'd have to be getting them from some other carrier (hint, hint). In the last vacancy bid, several senior check airmen types switched over from the Airbus to the '57 for no apparent reason too. We are working on ETOPS for the 757 fleet with hopes of starting Hawaii service in 2006. However our current '57s are too old to make it through, so we must be getting more soon. Also, the instructors have been told to get ready for a large hiring cycle soon. Just some things to think about.

HAL

Not sure what you're all smoking, but I need to get some of it. I've been hearing these rumors since day one. I'll believe it when I see it.

Not sure AWA is going to be able to do anything with a market cap less than almost any airline. Our stock is in the $5 range.

I hope that I'm proven wrong but this winter is going to be tough. I would imagine Parker is going to protect our cash and limit the losses by being very conservative. Until gas gets cheaper and the whole USAirways thing works itself out, I would be surprised to see much happening. The AZ Republic basically announced the arrival of jetBlue here in PHX as the best thing since sliced bread. They got a free front page ad on this Sunday's paper. It seems we only get mentioned when things aren't going so well.

Not trying to sound negative, I just think this winter could be tough. I hope I'm wrong!

Last edited:
The "A" team

That's it, brilliant!!

The "A" team:

America West
ATA
Aloha
Alaska
Airtran

Yeah, we go there...

ATA guys.
I am looking at a return flight from PHX In October. We go PHX-LGA-MDW....What's going on with that? It turns out to be a 14 hour travel day.

We have several flights every day in Oct. I checked Oct 21 and came up with flt 414-direct-dep PHX 1040 arr LGA 735pm. That is a 6 hr 55 min total travel time.

If you are just going to MDW, the computer must have listed the flight that goes through IND then to NY as well.

ok..

We checked it on Sabre at work. It leaves PHX at something like 940am, to LGA then arrives at MDW about 1035pm

Well.....

NAA Pilot said:
Heard some intesting rumors on our property regarding ATA. We'll see!
Don't play like that, let's have it!

If ATA is bought out by AWA or any other airline....What do you think will happen to the pilots? For those of us in the pool at ATA....you think we would go along with the sell? Thanks.

Dart,

I think pool guys are definitely out of any deal. It'll be hard enough to include the pilots currently on the property nevermind those who aren't yet on the list.

There are so many rumors swirling lately it is ridiculous. Some seem possible, others are flat out far-fetched. The NAA rumor came and went a year ago, it's highly unlikely to come to pass now. Most are pure speculation, like our stock these days :confused:

One thing's for certain, the next few months will be telling.

Latest resources

Back