Ata ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Surprise!

Thought you could get away from me, eh Mike? Not so fast....

You might have the last laugh on that bent-wing atrocity after all....

Dart said:
If ATA is bought out by AWA or any other airline....What do you think will happen to the pilots? For those of us in the pool at ATA....you think we would go along with the sell? Thanks.
I just received another update from the union on concession talks and they mentioned furloughs more than once. I would definitely look for another job if I were you. I don't think there will be a new hire class at ATA anytime soon. Also, I agree with mt2 in that the pool swimmers will be left out of any acquisition deal.

lucky?

Seth,

I can run but I can't hide, eh?

It's been a looong year in this bent wing POS, perhaps it may turn out OK after all...

Gotta Love Mechanics

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040929/295815_1.html

Press ReleaseSource: AMFA National

Strike Possibility Increases as Frustrated ATA Mechanics Ask for Mediation to End
Wednesday September 29, 4:20 pm ET

INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 29, 2004--ATA aircraft mechanics, frustrated by the airline's refusal to take mediation seriously, will ask the National Mediation Board (NMB) to release them from the process. The release, if granted, would automatically start the 30-day cooling off period before a strike, in accordance with the Railway Labor Act that governs airline labor relations.

According to Jim Young, regional director of the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Organization (AMFA), "ATA does not seem interested in resolving differences through the mediation process. They recently shifted the talks into reverse by reneging on an outsourcing provision they agreed to months ago. They are unwilling to discuss the most basic provision of any labor contract, job security, even though they renewed it for other unionized employee groups, including pilots and flight attendants.

"In the wake of major layoffs and concessions, we are painfully aware of ATA's financial situation and have been doing everything we can to help the company succeed. But this is not about money; it's about job security and fairness. We believe the hidden agenda is to furlough employees and outsource their work. ATA forced mediation to happen by dragging out our contract negotiations and now is not taking mediation seriously. ATA has left us no alternative except to push for the next legal step, which will head us toward a strike," Young said.
Contact: AMFA Jim Young, 612-387-8061 or 952-851-7151 [email protected]

Give me some more rumors? Anything new?

Ok. ATA management won't meet with the Union to give them an updated financial briefing. Claim some sort of Regs or law won't allow it. Loads are good, biz class is very well received, and the operation is running great. Fuel and yields are the problem as with everyone else.

Other than that, no new buyout/merger rumors. Sorry.

mt2 said:
Ok. ATA management won't meet with the Union to give them an updated financial briefing. Claim some sort of Regs or law won't allow it. Loads are good, biz class is very well received, and the operation is running great. Fuel and yields are the problem as with everyone else.

Other than that, no new buyout/merger rumors. Sorry.
That pretty much sums it up!

SWA/FO said:
Give me some more rumors? Anything new?
SWA has reached an agreement to purchase all of ATA's 737-800s to begin service out of DFW. Also included in the agreement is the provision that all ATA pilots currently flyingthe 737s will become SWA employees integrated into the SWA seniority list by DOH. Fences will be in place for eternity, barring any current SWA pilot from bidding any position into the 737-800 (which by the way will have a 10% pay override due to the higher seating capacity). This will continue SWA's tradition of containing costs, by not confusing current SWA pilots with things like autothottles, autobrakes, and autoland procedures. It will also save on retraining current ATA pilots on how to manually move the throttles, apply brakes, or even how to land an airplane again after being spoiled by such gadgetry.

Can't wait to see you guys in Dallas. Oh, by the way, I've been placed in the position as Fleet Manager 737-800. ;)

Latest resources

Back