Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA to wet lease scheduled airline to SWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, before this gets to be, "mine is bigger than yours" contest. This was a serious question about rumors that are being passed around.

If you haven't heard the rumor or don't have anything constructive to say, please, just move along, nothing to see here.

Fact: Global Aero Logistics Wants To Sell
ATA Pax. Ops

Fact: SWA Codeshares With ATA To Hawaii

Assumption: SWA Values Codeshare
Agreement With ATA Which
Allows SWA Pax To Go To
Hawaii.

Question: What Will SWA Do When ATA
Sells Pax Ops?

Assumption: SWA Flies To Hawaii
Themselves.

Or

They Find Another Crafty
Way To "fly To Hawaii"

Last edited:
Fact: Global Aero Logistics Wants To Sell
ATA Pax. Ops

Fact: SWA Codeshares With ATA To Hawaii

Assumption: SWA Values Codeshare
Agreement With ATA Which
Allows SWA Pax To Go To
Hawaii.

Question: What Will SWA Do When ATA
Sells Pax Ops?

Assumption: SWA Flies To Hawaii
Themselves.

Or

They Find Another Crafty
Way To "fly To Hawaii"
Aloha or Hawaiian could possibly enter into a code share agreement with Southwest if the ATA pax service is sold. Anything is possible in this industry.

I haven't heard anything plausible in a while. One of your Captains stopped buy our gate in LAS to bring us some food. What a cool guy. Anyway, he said that he was certain the sale of pax ops was imminent but the sale to WN was unlikely due to our association's scope language and codeshare agreements. That being said, I have been witness to numerous erosions of flawed scope language and code share agreements in the past, so nothing would surprise me. Everytime it gets quiet in my room the alarm goes off at a deafening decible.

Hopefully, ya'll will find a method to a better bottom line and bring more guys back to the line. Good luck.

The TA'd part of the contract says "protection" from wet leases.

A condom is protection. They don't always work.

Gup

The question is will WN walk away from 100 mil. in code share rev. They will never get that sort of return from another airline.....

FWIW, I jumpseated on WN last month and the captain said WN had obtained their international op certificate and would begin operating internationally this year probably Mexico and Central America. He got that from a training instructor during recurrent. Anyone else know about this.

FWIW, I jumpseated on WN last month and the captain said WN had obtained their international op certificate and would begin operating internationally this year probably Mexico and Central America. He got that from a training instructor during recurrent. Anyone else know about this.

I dont see SWA doing those 20 minute turns in Cancun or Cabo.

FWIW, I jumpseated on WN last month and the captain said WN had obtained their international op certificate and would begin operating internationally this year probably Mexico and Central America

SWA could certainly be working in that direction. I don't think they would have already received the Int'l certificate yet because before you actually receive Ops Specs you have to demonstrate your plan and actually have proving runs and training in place. I don't think they have jumped through those hoops yet. They may be in the early process but just not yet.

IMHO

I'm not sure that if Aloha was to take ATA's scheduled portion, we'd be able to codeshare with SWA due to our codeshare with UAL. I hear UAL is very jealous of their codesharing partners trying to court others.

Who knows....

Latest resources

Back