• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA may sell off passenger ops..found on another site

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's interesting. According APC, AQ's most junior CA was hired in 2/2002.

Ours was hired in 2/1997, and there are 45 FO's senior to him!

Well if you want to get technical, I could hold -200 Reserve captain making less money than I am now and it would be by the skin of my teeth....the guy one number senior to me just went to upgrade gs this month. We were both hired in April of '01.

AQ has some weird bidding systems. It is possible for a guy junior to you to hold the left seat for a few months at a time if you're an FO in a different base. That is what has happened for awhile to guys of my seniority.

But yeah, Freight dog is right, I could move into the -200 left seat and be the last guy on the captain's list. No thank you!

The 14 ATA airplanes and west-pac (west of PHX) becoming part of Aloha rumor just wont die. What just strikes me is this: DAL and NW is finishing up talks. At that time, UAL and CAL will have to merge (and CAL cannot merge any earlier because of NW's stake). CAL might want to spin of Air Mike if UAL+CAL happen. Which brings us to why ATA+AQ is waiting, perhaps ATA+AQ+Air Mike??? Or perhaps nothing!! But I think everybody is waiting for the floodgate to open. Whoo-hoo, now where did I put my Costco size KY??

Why would CAL want to spin off AirMike? Cash? Regulatory?

The big announcement thing again? :rolleyes:

Let me guess... Someone heard from someone who heard it from the bartender at the Restaurant Row who heard it from the secretary who overheard some discussion and told her bartender who is unknown to the secretary in fact a probationary Aloha pilot trying to make ends meet by working 2 jobs.

Let me guess... Someone heard from someone who heard it from the bartender at the Restaurant Row who heard it from the secretary who overheard some discussion and told her bartender who is unknown to the secretary in fact a probationary Aloha pilot trying to make ends meet by working 2 jobs.

The bartender at Restaurant Row actually knows a lot.

The bartender at Restaurant Row actually knows a lot. She is a good source.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back