• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA may sell off passenger ops..found on another site

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys really think swa is gonna stay out of this mess? They make $80-$100 million a year on the codeshare. You think Gary is just going to walk away from that cash?

The more appropriate question would be how much money is ATA losing on Hawaii routes undercutting every other airline by hundreds of bucks per seat?

SWA can easily codeshare with another airline. To them, it's all pure profit.

The more appropriate question would be how much money is ATA losing on Hawaii routes undercutting every other airline by hundreds of bucks per seat?

SWA can easily codeshare with another airline. To them, it's all pure profit.

That's a d@mn good question we've asking our own managment. The only answer that I can come up with is market share to sell to someone else!

SWA can easily codeshare with another airline. To them, it's all pure profit

Not that easily. TZ has HI and near-international rights with WN until 2014. They'd have to buy TZ out, or we'd have to fail to deliver. As to the first issue, our managment could very well sell out. They're that incompetent. As to the second, we're where near "failing to deliver."

Any airline that did codeshare with SWA would have to agree to bow down and serve their master. SWA has already stated that the only reason they did codeshare with ATA was that ATA was a willing participant, meaning bow down and do as I say, vaseline optional. I don't see any viable airline not in bankruptcy doing that.

I know many of the SWA guys on here say, "SWA saved your bacon, without the codeshare you'd be out of business". Just look at the facts. The codeshare has provided only losing routes for ATA. We have lost money on every codeshare route while SWA is raking in the dough. Only our charter business has kept us alive not SWA.

SWA easily outmatched our not so brilliant management team, touche. This is business and I don't hold any bad feelings about any of this, just venting my frustrations over ATA's history of having the gold ring and letting it slip from their fingers, once again.

Who sets your prices on Hawaii flights? Is it your guys, or SWA? You guys are ALWAYS the cheapest by a few hundred bucks.

Any airline that did codeshare with SWA would have to agree to bow down and serve their master. SWA has already stated that the only reason they did codeshare with ATA was that ATA was a willing participant, meaning bow down and do as I say, vaseline optional. I don't see any viable airline not in bankruptcy doing that.

I know many of the SWA guys on here say, "SWA saved your bacon, without the codeshare you'd be out of business". Just look at the facts. The codeshare has provided only losing routes for ATA. We have lost money on every codeshare route while SWA is raking in the dough. Only our charter business has kept us alive not SWA.

SWA easily outmatched our not so brilliant management team, touche. This is business and I don't hold any bad feelings about any of this, just venting my frustrations over ATA's history of having the gold ring and letting it slip from their fingers, once again.

This is matter of perception. Gotta remember who came in to run the show in Jan. of 2005: John Denison, former CFO of SWA. He cut to the bone, then started using a drill. We were that screwed up. We were "the willing" because J.D. and the creditors made sure we were.

Our charter did help keep us in business, so did the codeshare for a while, but we're doing everything we can to screw up the charter end, now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back