• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA is the latest to go BK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Talked to him this AM. He's stressing as you might imagine. He has to sell all his toys.

He still speaks highly of you. And, yes, he's jealous of you a little bit.

He'll give the shirt off his back without question.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!? Are you friggin serious?????
Are you sure we are talking about the same person?
BP???

ATA was probably the only airline that "makes" you stay in Scottsdale, AZ, for 5 weeks during training. In addition, the company has provided a grill and cooler (for cokes) so you can eat properly. Then your IOE is to Maui and back. Then on your first "real" trip you have to deadhead to Shannon, Ireland, and stay there for 2 days. Then you have to go to Cypress for 2 days, then you have to fly home with a quick 24 hr stop in SNN to check up on the beer supply. Then as you cross the Atlantic as a freshly minted FO/IO, the Capt goes to the back leaving you and a 2 yr FO/IO get the plane back to the states. What a great place. To be furloughed from ATA after a couple years is better than never having a chance to work there.

Perfectly said Burger. Not to mention the "coke" can pyramids. Never forget that can sailing across the pool landing inches away from EE's head. And yes the actual flying. I would take a couple of more furloughs to work there again (okay maybe one more). Hard to find that kind of fun in a job anywhere!!

That's harsh...

Dated two pilots along the years.

One is at United, the other at Delta. Met one when I was a flight instructor and she was a student, the other was a new-hire F/O when I was a 4th year CRJ CA.

Both girls made majors while I was still at either a 121 Supplemental or a Regional.

It's just life. Kinda makes me feel bad for the guy - what a pisser when your ex has this great life and you just got kicked in the nuts. Oh well.

Hi.

Sorry to hear about ATA. I wanted to go there.

USA Jet is hiring, and we especially need DC-9 guys. Starting pay is $39K/year. If you have the hours, Falcon capt upgrade is about 6 months, and DC-9 capt should come down to about 2 years.

We have two bids out now for DC-9 capt, with only 6 elligible pilots.

If U want a lot of info, PM me.

cliff
GRB

Perfectly said Burger. Not to mention the "coke" can pyramids. Never forget that can sailing across the pool landing inches away from EE's head. And yes the actual flying. I would take a couple of more furloughs to work there again (okay maybe one more). Hard to find that kind of fun in a job anywhere!!

30 pack of "cokes" at Frys for $14.99 with a Fry's card. Wiffle-ball anyone?
Remember ole' JN?
Him - "You boys sure are up early this morning for a Saturday."
Us- "Nope we're still up from last night. Peshkie's anyone?"

Last edited:
I spent some time on furlough in 06. I collected unemployment from MI and was able to get funding for additional training through the WIA (workers investment act?) I believe it is funded by both state and federal funds. There are some limits on the program, but if you find something that works it seems like a good deal. The phone numbers are sitting around my house if anyone is interested.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!? Are you friggin serious?????
Are you sure we are talking about the same person?
BP???

I flew with him last summer, you came up......

He and I went through 75 school together (he was my next door neighbor there in PHX), and I was very glad to get to fly with him again on the 73 many years later.

I like him alot. I called him last week with directions to the OAK crew room and he didn't answer. Bastard.

Latest resources

Back