ATA is the latest to go BK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good riddance.

ATA wasn't all smiles and sunshine. Most corrupt group I ever worked for.

The best moved on to greener pastures years ago.

Cathaywannabe? and you work for Netjets? or is that just an old screen name you've kept, 'cause I can't imagine leaving NJA for Cathay. :puke:

And there she goes, trashing the good vibe.

Don't you have some boxes to go fly? ;)

edit: omg, I just saw that you're preggers. I've done it now, insulted the hormonal mommy-to-be. :D Congrats, you're gonna love it!

I do!

Our little son was born March 27th! :D

Dude, you know me....I gotta trash the good vibe...I wouldn't be Mama Megadeth otherwise. LOL!

But he was fun to drink with!

Fun to hit on chicks with too? LOL!

I hear he's still quite the ladies man.....LOL!

Anyways, if you still talk to him...send my condolences....seriously....I don't wish this crap on anyone.

ATA was probably the only airline that "makes" you stay in Scottsdale, AZ, for 5 weeks during training. In addition, the company has provided a grill and cooler (for cokes) so you can eat properly. Then your IOE is to Maui and back. Then on your first "real" trip you have to deadhead to Shannon, Ireland, and stay there for 2 days. Then you have to go to Cypress for 2 days, then you have to fly home with a quick 24 hr stop in SNN to check up on the beer supply. Then as you cross the Atlantic as a freshly minted FO/IO, the Capt goes to the back leaving you and a 2 yr FO/IO get the plane back to the states. What a great place. To be furloughed from ATA after a couple years is better than never having a chance to work there.

Last edited:
I was very honored and fortunate to fly with some of the finest aviators, and just downright good people during my eight years at ATA.

Good luck,

Brad

I really enjoyed my time at ATA as well and was privileged to fly as your F/O Brad.

I just got off the phone with a close friend who is still there and woke up this morning to find this on the news. He and I both can't believe it happened like this...the loss of the military flying and sudden shutdown.

ATA guys... Wow... You guys have my deepest and most heartfelt condolences. I think it's fair to say, "I know how you feel ;0)"

For what it's worth, we'll all get through this crap. In ten years we'll look back with fond memories of two great airlines that we were privileged enough to ride into oblivion.

Best to all of you guys....

Aloha...

Fun to hit on chicks with too? LOL!

I hear he's still quite the ladies man.....LOL!

Anyways, if you still talk to him...send my condolences....seriously....I don't wish this crap on anyone.

Talked to him this AM. He's stressing as you might imagine. He has to sell all his toys.

He still speaks highly of you. And, yes, he's jealous of you a little bit.

He'll give the shirt off his back without question.

Latest resources

Back