• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA is the latest to go BK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The best in the biz period. Glad I got to share a few years there.

Very sad. It doesn't mean they won't restructure themselves and come back. ATA does have some profitable routes and lucrative flying to be had, charters etc... I hope their employees go with the aircraft.

What I'm worried about is....who is next?? This is definetely a wake up call to Fed Gov. Next comes high ticket prices and less people traveling and going on vacations. This is not good for the economy.

Very sad. It doesn't mean they won't restructure themselves and come back. ATA does have some profitable routes and lucrative flying to be had, charters etc...
They did... lost their government contract, and that was their bread and butter.

Same thing happened to us at Express One. We lost the FedEx USPS contract and what was left wasn't enough to sustain the business. 40% of the operation accounted for 60% of the revenue, meaning the other aircraft were operated at a loss while they tried to gain market share. Ugly.

I hope their employees go with the aircraft.
One can hope, but having just emerged from bankruptcy a little less than 2 years ago doesn't bode well. Liquidation looks pretty imminent. Can't believe it... 3 carriers in 3 days. :(

What I'm worried about is....who is next?? This is definetely a wake up call to Fed Gov. Next comes high ticket prices and less people traveling and going on vacations. This is not good for the economy.
I don't think anyone else is going to liquidate for at least several months, but I think this is going to spur consolidation.

Ticket prices will definitely be on the rise, capacity will shrink, which is really what's needed to happen for some time now. Unfortunately, the by-product of that is unemployment for many. Been there. Twice. I feel for them,,,

The good news is that several fractionals are still hiring, and will maintain growth for at least a while, unless the recession turns into a depression.

There's jobs to be had, although from everything I hear about ATA, it probably won't be the same thing.

I was very honored and fortunate to fly with some of the finest aviators, and just downright good people during my eight years at ATA.

Good luck,

Brad

Made many trips to the sandbox with you guys. Never so sad to get off an airplane or happy to get on one coming home. Always great flights with fantastic crews. All the best to all ATA employees.

So what happens to Southwest's codeshare agreement. I guess Southwest cannot offer flights to Hawaii now via ATA?

Total bummer! That makes two of my former employers out of business in the same week! (Skyway and ATA)

Good luck to all... it was fun while it lasted.

Flew at ATA for 2 years and saw the world on the 757. At the time, a great place to work. An awesome bunch of guys. I wish them the best.

And there she goes, trashing the good vibe.

Don't you have some boxes to go fly? ;)

edit: omg, I just saw that you're preggers. I've done it now, insulted the hormonal mommy-to-be. :D Congrats, you're gonna love it!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back