• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATA expanding at MDW--Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude, nobody said you were not happy where you are at.

I could care less. Except you cry like a little beeeouch that SWA didn't hire you.

Then 1 day later you come up with different lines altogether, saying that the airline (this average airline) Southwest ruined the industry, but yet you wanted to be part of this company. It might have been for a few weeks but you tried to get a job here and tried to fool everyone in Dallas and they saw through your lying a$$.

So now your on to Plan B, not a bad plan, flying freight, pays good, stable...not a bad plan B to have.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Or else you wouldn't bring it up. You had two shots and couldn't even get your $hit together. You tried TWICE for an airline responsible for the destruction of the industry. That makes me laugh. This would definitely hurt your chances if you were running for president.

"Good Company and I wanted a job there, twice, that was before I didn't want a job there and they ruined the industry"

I don't suppose you've ever had a revelation. Desperation makes you think funny things. Makes you want things that maybe you really don't. So I guess maybe SWA saw that and did me a favor. However; What started this whole BS session was your stupid arrogant comment to staple the ATA pilots. It just goes hand in hand with the BS they hand out at SWA HQ. So, I really DO understand why you work there and I don't. But, there are still friends of mine at ATA and on the street from ATA who do want a job there. I hope they don't get your kind of LUV.

I don't suppose you've ever had a revelation. Desperation makes you think funny things. Makes you want things that maybe you really don't. So I guess maybe SWA saw that and did me a favor. However; What started this whole BS session was your stupid arrogant comment to staple the ATA pilots. It just goes hand in hand with the BS they hand out at SWA HQ. So, I really DO understand why you work there and I don't. But, there are still friends of mine at ATA and on the street from ATA who do want a job there. I hope they don't get your kind of LUV.

don't worry about me, I'm not involved in hiring or management. Just a line pilot.

was your stupid arrogant comment to staple the ATA pilots.

My stupid comment was in response to a person posting something like "unwanted pilots of ATA". Really though, if it was a buy out you don't think it would be a staple job?

Last edited:
Fact: LCC's are responsible for the demise of the profession.

No, pilots have done that on their own.

I hate to quote Eleanor Roosevelt but it fits........"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

If every pilot group refused to take a step backwards we would never have this conversation. Unfortunately the easy way out is to take the cuts and blame someone else. Usually it is Southwest, jetBlue, etc. The demise of the profession? Look in the mirror, and don't just get on some message board and pretend you are the greater than thou who was struck down by the LCC's.

I like you bestpilot. I like the way you talk.

Duuude, I likez ta eet me somma dem taterz and reed flightinfo an likez swill somma dem coool brewskis. Udder den da tranny, dis bee my faveritt place ta bee!!!

Duuude, is da SWA/FO stilll be tryin ta git wit ole Ty Guy'z littel sis?

AWWW YEEAAAHHHH!

ATA was an LCC too so that means that you ,757jetflier, helped cause the demise of the industry as well (according to your definitions).

If you really want to talk about sh#$%y pilot pay lets look at how badly American Trans Air paid its pilots for the majority of its existence. For the longest time, ATA was a stepping stone for many because of the low pay.

You want someone to blame for losing your job at ATA? Try George or John Tague or ATA ALPA and their FE agenda. It's not SWA's fault. They merely took advantage of the situation after the ship was lost.

I get sick and tired of hearing about the so-called anti-ATA agenda that the SWA PD has. They hired me and they have hired many of the fine people I know and worked with over at ATA and they continue to hire them.

757flier.

SWA/FO missed out on sensitivity training day but he's not afraid to call a spade a spade. He doesn't mince words.

The very best guy I know in the entire universe got an interview here and didn't get hired. I was sick to my stomach. Couldn't believe it. They saw something they didn't like about him - that day.

On your race to the bottom jab. Yeah. You have not a clue. I made over 150k last year...... as a copilot. I bid at least 18 days off every month. And I'm not a super senior dude. I bid 20% in my domicile. If that's racing to the bottom then git 'er done!

Gup

You want someone to blame for losing your job at ATA? Try George or John Tague or ATA ALPA and their FE agenda. It's not SWA's fault. They merely took advantage of the situation after the ship was lost.

Speaking of ships, these are the same type of guys who blame the iceberg for sinking the Titanic.

First of all, let this die already. It's getting really stupid on all sides. Not worth 6 pages.

Yes, there are many at ATA that are bitter, for a variety of reasons, most are NOT. Most are hopeful something better will come of this, and ATA will thrive.

If anyone should be bitter its me! Me, me me! :)

I've been turned down three times already! (How embarrassing.) But I'm still trying to get on! Still waiting for yet another chance.

Let this stupid junior high sh!t stop already.

I completely agree with HalinTexas!

We have a very small minority at ATA that is bitter but you only see a few that post on here that cry in the mirror everyday. Most everyone I know at ATA has been around the block a few times and have a very balanced view of this messed up industry. We know that who's on top today may not be there tomorrow and the bottom feeders may rise to the top another day, that's the nature of this business.

I have to admit that SWA is different than any other airline I have observed. They seem to just do what they do and the industry morphs around them. They discovered early that when you have a formula that works you stick with it and only tweak it.

The very best guy I know in the entire universe got an interview here and didn't get hired. I was sick to my stomach. Couldn't believe it. They saw something they didn't like about him - that day

I too have seen the interview process act without common sense, good guys get rejected while the jack*sses got hired. I must say that with regards to SWA and ATA hiring, I've seen really great guys get flamed but I haven't seen one a-hole make it through the process. Without exception, I would have hired every guy that SWA did, seems to work better than any other airline I have seen from my seat far from the action.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back