• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AT ALPA high road

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I actually have to agree with you here. There seems to be a rash of F/O's being thrown under the bus at all airlines. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. This is perhaps one of the biggest problems with your seat protections... our F/O's need to get out of the fire, because another merger pushes them further away from the current and in to the stagnation. Im pretty sure there is a way to share the pain as well as the gain in this industry, but the paradigm we are all cemented into doesn't allow it. Some have mentioned pay scales based totally on longevity among others... who knows, but F/O's on both sides of this deal are getting screwed.

Not so. With a fair SLI, quite a few (over 100, maybe more, based on a DOH SLI) WN FO's should have enough seniority for an immediate upgrade, the way it should be. When you need complicated fences, restrictions seat locks etc. it's merely to cover up a poor SLI. The seat locks are probably wanted by WN to mitigate training costs.

+1 I never ceases to amaze me how the same people come here day in and day out and beat each other up. It's like they have to have the last word or something.

The question still stands. Why the double standard? Airtran looks out for their junior F/O's and everyone should respect their honor for taking the high road,yet SWAPA does the same and they are evil. I know I'm not the only SWA pilot who see's the hypocrisy and double standard. You guys threw out the question so it should be answered unless of course you can't.

The question still stands. Why the double standard? Airtran looks out for their junior F/O's and everyone should respect their honor for taking the high road,yet SWAPA does the same and they are evil. I know I'm not the only SWA pilot who see's the hypocrisy and double standard. You guys threw out the question so it should be answered unless of course you can't.

Your totally right! Both sides should be watching their own backs ! That's why it's gonna go to arbitration !!

Sacha,

The way I see it is the AT F/Os should have had some better seniority and the the senior SWA F/Os should get any capt seat that their seniority can hold. I think this would have been fair for both sides. Screw all this protecting the capts and base protection crap. If you are at AT and you want more seniority, then you should be willing to walk away from your capt seat if you cant hold it. Also, maybe throw in some upgrades for the SWA guys that come from SWA retirements. Do you think that this is reasonable?

The MEC appointed a negotiating committee. The negotiating committee agreed to SL9. And then the MEC decided that in spite of the negotiating committee's work, they didn't like the deal.
That's negotiating in bad faith. Negotiating in bad faith is not taking the high road no matter how you spin it.
I think that's how the alpa way works?!?! Does SWAPa not have the same format ? Could your Mec have nixed the agreement before it was sent out to vote as well or does it automatically go to a vote after the negotiating guys have a deal with the company??

I think that's how the alpa way works?!?! Does SWAPa not have the same format ? Could your Mec have nixed the agreement before it was sent out to vote as well or does it automatically go to a vote after the negotiating guys have a deal with the company??

I'm furloughed UAL. I can recall at least a couple of items sent to the membership for a vote with the MEC recommending a no vote.
Those were on contract change items that the company offered without any negotiation. They were actually very favorable for the LCO side of the house but UAL pilots being UAL membership (cut your nose off to spite your face) voted them down.

Sacha,

The way I see it is the AT F/Os should have had some better seniority and the the senior SWA F/Os should get any capt seat that their seniority can hold. I think this would have been fair for both sides. Screw all this protecting the capts and base protection crap. If you are at AT and you want more seniority, then you should be willing to walk away from your capt seat if you cant hold it. Also, maybe throw in some upgrades for the SWA guys that come from SWA retirements. Do you think that this is reasonable?

All reasonable considerations that should be put to a vote by your ALL of your pilots as all of us get to vote whether our negotiators like it or not.

But again my question was avoided as why protecting the junior Airtran guys should be considered honorable and respected but if the SWAPA guys do the exact same thing they are vilified. I really feel like I am arguing with Chris Mathews.

Am I mistaken or is that not what you're MC negotiated. You negotiate something. Then reject it, and congradulate yourselves. What a dysfunctional group!

The FAB7 didn't want to send it to a vote, cus the FAB7 didn't want it to pass.

This is going south in a hurry.

Latest resources

Back