AT ALPA high road

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dan Roman

Here's something to stir the pot. Did anybody stop to consider AirTran's MEC took the high road by not selling out the junior pilots to benefit the senior pilots that had a better deal than the 600 on the bottom?
Seems to me the top of the list got a much better deal than the bottom with GK's offer, but rather than throw the bottom 600 under the bus they elected to stand together as a group. Right wrong or indifferent, you have to at least respect the fact that they are trying to do what is best for the whole pilot group and not just the senior pilots.

Here's something to stir the pot. Did anybody stop to consider AirTran's MEC took the high road by not selling out the junior pilots to benefit the senior pilots that had a better deal than the 600 on the bottom?
Seems to me the top of the list got a much better deal than the bottom with GK's offer, but rather than throw the bottom 600 under the bus they elected to stand together as a group. Right wrong or indifferent, you have to at least respect the fact that they are trying to do what is best for the whole pilot group and not just the senior pilots.

Ill buy that!

I actually have to agree with you here. There seems to be a rash of F/O's being thrown under the bus at all airlines. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer. This is perhaps one of the biggest problems with your seat protections... our F/O's need to get out of the fire, because another merger pushes them further away from the current and in to the stagnation. Im pretty sure there is a way to share the pain as well as the gain in this industry, but the paradigm we are all cemented into doesn't allow it. Some have mentioned pay scales based totally on longevity among others... who knows, but F/O's on both sides of this deal are getting screwed.

The fact that you said ALPA and "the high road" in the same sentence made me throw up in my mouth a little. The AAI MEC is worse than ALPA, at that. Zero leadership and 7 reps holding the careers of 1700 hostage. If your pilots wanted that deal, they'd vote for it. If not, they vote it down and that is much better than 7 deciding for 1700 on something so important. Nothing to lose by letting your pilots vote...that is unless you fear they'd vote yes and that is in direct opposition to what you, as a MEC member, wants. Way to represent rookies!

Thank God B6 didn't go down that road. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have better representation, but not ALPA. We need an independent.

So Airtran protects their junior F/O's and it's the "High Road"

SWAPA tries to protect their junior F/O's and they are arrogant, greedy,selfish bast&$@ds!

Are you a reporter for MSNBC?

Why do these threads continue to pop up? The two sides don't agree with the others idea of f&a. They never will. Stop trying to paint the argument for one side or the other and just agree to disagree.

Has anyone on here "seen the light" after reading some idiotic post?

We're line pilots who get paid to fly planes, not CEO's and lawyers.

Why do these threads continue to pop up? The two sides don't agree with the others idea of f&a. They never will. Stop trying to paint the argument for one side or the other and just agree to disagree.

Has anyone on here "seen the light" after reading some idiotic post?

We're line pilots who get paid to fly planes, not CEO's and lawyers.

+1 I never ceases to amaze me how the same people come here day in and day out and beat each other up. It's like they have to have the last word or something.

The MEC appointed a negotiating committee. The negotiating committee agreed to SL9. And then the MEC decided that in spite of the negotiating committee's work, they didn't like the deal.
That's negotiating in bad faith. Negotiating in bad faith is not taking the high road no matter how you spin it.

Latest resources

Back