• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASTAR'S Race to the Bottom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm surprised they haven't thought of this one...start a new cargo airline based on the 767-300's and call it "Open Skies Cargo" and offer it for hire at "open skies" wages, seems to work for the BA guys, right?

Whatever the outcome will be it will follow DHL's mantra...spend a billion chasing a dime.

The invitation to bid on the 767ER flying was given to EAT, ASTAR and Polar. Simply put, the guys with the sharpest pencils (read lowest cost) will get the contract.

ABX were not invited to bid, read into that what you will.

And you are sure ABX was not invited? (I am not talking about an invitation to bid here I am talking about interest.)

Last edited:
Oh, Oh, I know, the company that only has Airbus equipment, they will be the one getting the new 76's.........

I guess ABXA is entitled to these AC. Kind of arrogant.

I wonder why ABXA was not included.

And I wonder how you know ABX was not included? You maybe where at the meeting, saw the email, or heard the phone conversation? Or did you read it on this board?

Last edited:
No, I wasn't at the meeting, but I'm sure some of know-it-all morons on other boards would have trumpheted the info. No offense, but all the evidence is pointing towards DHL eliminating Hete because they are not happy with his activities. JMHO.

No, I wasn't at the meeting, but I'm sure some of know-it-all morons on other boards would have trumpheted the info. No offense, but all the evidence is pointing towards DHL eliminating Hete because they are not happy with his activities. JMHO.

Evidence?

Right, that's it. Extension to ACMI??? Investing in 49% of who??? Backed a buyout of who??? Signed off on a contract of who??? Demanded repayment of $93m from who??? Withheld payment of $8m from who??? A$$hole!

fob727, You better hope Skankiatrix doesn't read that. She might come across the field and get mean. She is probably checking her sources and emails right now.

Right, that's it. Extension to ACMI??? Investing in 49% of who??? Backed a buyout of who??? Signed off on a contract of who??? Demanded repayment of $93m from who??? Withheld payment of $8m from who??? A$$hole!

HA! We all KNOW the answer to the "who" questions. But now, oh great one, tell us the answer of "why"? Especially the "why's" to your first 4 questions. <tick, tock, tick, tock>

Latest resources

Back