• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AStar TA!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The details we know are extremely sketchy and often half right at best because we don't know the whole story. Our MEC and Negotiating Comm. will be working on putting together a road show to present the TA to the group some time next week.

FWIW, is it a good deal? Yes. Is it a great deal? No. It's a contract between two sides wanting to get the best for each other. That means some good, some bad, and a zillion ways to get hosed if we're not careful.

P.S.
Thanks to you and other ABXA crew that have posted congratulatory salutations here. So much nicer than the vitriol being spewed over on the Yahoo board. If any of you guys know who "ABX767ABX" is over there, you should report him/her to your Professional Standards people. That person is not representing your group very well.

FAJ
Add my congrats for your new TA. I agree that ABX767ABX is a complete waste of the air he breathes. But we also have folks on that board that misrepresent who they are and what they do. It wouldn't surprise me if that was someone in a management position that stands to gain if Astar And ABX are at each others throats. Just my 2 cents worth.

Ladies & Gentlemen, since you have a tentative agreement, let me offer my tentative congratulations.

I'll sincerely add my congratulations to the chorus although the whole sorry process demonstrates how contracts are delivered or not delivered upon a timetable determined solely by management and not before.

We pilots by virtue of the RLA are rendered as being little cogs in a big machine with limited effective influence. I very much doubt if Astar's success in achieving a TA will put any pressure upon ABX management to expeditiously sort things out with 1224.

And you have my tentative thank you, Eric. :)

AV8OR said:
Thank you there EH. Seriously. I know it can be hard to read sincerity on here. Best of luck to you guys.

T/A's have been known to fail. I do not wish that on you and I was/am reluctant to offer congrats until it's a done deal.

I understand where you're coming from on that Eric. And this one could, though I don't think it will. There are going to have to be some "gotchas" in there that I don't see yet to make it a no. I'm going to wait for the road shows before I'm certain.

We pilots by virtue of the RLA are rendered as being little cogs in a big machine with limited effective influence. I very much doubt if Astar's success in achieving a TA will put any pressure upon ABX management to expeditiously sort things out with 1224.

HJDC8,
You nailed it. The RLA is completely outdated. When they deregulated the industry in '78, that a$$hole Alfred Khan conveniently failed to mention anything about fixing the RLA to be more in line with a semi non-regulated airline industry.

If ALPA, Teamsters, IPA, APA and any other pilot union had any sense, this is where they should be putting their PAC money to work fixing.

FAJ

Congrats and sincere Best Wishes! You guys have been through a lot, and deserve a decent contract and raise.

Latest resources

Back