AStar TA!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here are some of the details

48 month duration, return to table in 36 months.

Retro pay: $7.9 million to be distributed to the pilots as a signing bonus.
Method to be determined by the MEC.

Commitment to purchase additional aircraft;
3 aircraft in the first year
2 aircraft every year 2-4
1 aircraft year 5

After First year, 50% or more will be two crew aircraft (737-300 or
larger).

Job security langauge signed off not just by Dasburg but DHL as Well. New Langauge with DHL was good enough for Astar Pilot group to end all Litigation and close the current Scope lawsuit.

Last edited:
That is what UNITY can do for a group. I hope the rest of the DHL pilot groups can learn from your example. One pay scale for all DHL carriers should be the goal.

Are you thinking US only or on a world-wide basis? If the latter I estimate exactly two chances of that to happen: Fat and None. Company has always been running a divide and conqour policy when it comes to airlines.

Rumours this side of the pond is that AeroLogic will be on a scale below both EAT (BRU Based), DHL Air UK (EMA Based) and LH Cargo (FRA Based). I suppose somebody will do anything to drive a brand new 777.

Anyway, back to ASTAR and their TA.

Congratulations from the "other side of the field". Well done ladies and gentlemen. We are glad for you and hope to follow your lead. Just one question, is it a Retroactive Pay raise or just a Signing Bonus? They are extremely different things and choosing the wrong one could cost you tens of thousands of dollars over the rest of your career.

None the less, this is definitely good news for you guys and once again, congratulations!

Here are some of the details

48 month duration, return to table in 36 months.

Retro pay: $7.9 million to be distributed to the pilots as a signing bonus.
Method to be determined by the MEC.

Commitment to purchase additional aircraft;
3 aircraft in the first year
2 aircraft every year 2-4
1 aircraft year 5

After First year, 50% or more will be two crew aircraft (737-300 or
larger).

That's a signing bonus. Pay raises are included as well. More info after the road shows.

Is that additional to current fleet, or some order we don't know about yet?

From what I understand these are additional aircraft to the current fleet. I don't know where that will stand after we begin refleeting to two man A/C.

Ok, before every one has an orgasm all over their keyboard, lets all wait and read the fine print. The road show will give us some insight but lets not rush into this. We all know what we are going to have to give up right? This is not an easy "YES" vote for me.

Latest resources

Back